LinkedIn... Anybody on here use it?

Fonzie

I'm on it. Not a big user of it. Mostly for networking in case you get let go.

that's the vibe I get too. It's supposed to be the professional's version of Facebook, but professionals use Facebook too.

I'm on it. Not a big user of it. Mostly for networking in case you get let go.

that's the vibe I get too. It's supposed to be the professional's version of Facebook, but professionals use Facebook too.

That's why I was asking for your guys' feedback. That's how it struck me too, but I still hear it mentioned periodically

I set up a shell acct way back when, but have never really built it out, as I was staying home w/ Little Man the last few years. Now that I'm looking for an internship though, I was wondering again about the usefulness of it

A buddy just showed me this, which allows ability to link to LinkIn among other things...

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/the-social-media-press-kitthe-ultimate-weapon-for-sales-people-189727.php?title=The%20Social%20Media%20Press%20Kit--The%20Ultimate%20Weapon%20for%20Sales%20People

That's why I was asking for your guys' feedback. That's how it struck me too, but I still hear it mentioned periodically

I set up a shell acct way back when, but have never really built it out, as I was staying home w/ Little Man the last few years. Now that I'm looking for an internship though, I was wondering again about the usefulness of it

A buddy just showed me this, which allows ability to link to LinkIn among other things...

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/the-social-media-press-kitthe-ultimate-weapon-for-sales-people-189727.php?title=The%20Social%20Media%20Press%20Kit--The%20Ultimate%20Weapon%20for%20Sales%20People

Sounds like LinkedIn is the tool for you: you're looking for employment again. What are you looking to do?

some of the more savvy hiring managers take a look online to see what they can learn about potential employees. What turns up most is facebook and myspace, 99% of people have some things on their profiles that don't represent them in the best light. Linked in is your site that lets you present yourself the way you would like them to see you.

So

step 1:Clean up or make your facebook / myspace / sheepfucker profiles private.

step 2:build a respectable profile on LinkedIn

some of the more savvy hiring managers take a look online to see what they can learn about potential employees. What turns up most is facebook and myspace, 99% of people have some things on their profiles that don't represent them in the best light. Linked in is your site that lets you present yourself the way you would like them to see you.

So

step 1:Clean up or make your facebook / myspace / sheepfucker profiles private.

step 2:build a respectable profile on LinkedIn

+ 1000

Good advice.

I'm on it. You can network for other things. Over the last year or so, there are a lot of groups that are being created which you can join. Like anything some are good and some are low activity. But that gives you opportunity to learn more about the field you are in. Conferences, seminars, etc.