New member and new rider here

JStump

Hey, my name is Josh and I'm 20 and currently looking for my first bike. I am from the Cleveland area and I'm a real gear head, I'm always working on car and want to get a bike that I can mess with. I guess that about all I have to say lol.

welcome. you've come to the right place if you wanna learn things the right way the first time around. Several good bikes here for sale as well as many a deal to be had elsewhere depending on what you're looking for

Hey, my name is Josh and I'm 20 and currently looking for my first bike. I am from the Cleveland area and I'm a real gear head, I'm always working on car and want to get a bike that I can mess with. I guess that about all I have to say lol.

Welcome!

This would make a GREAT first bike: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=70925

Welcome!

This would make a GREAT first bike: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=70925

yeah, i saw that and tried to jump on it but i guess its already sold :/ that would have made my day though if i could have got it lol

It's the one-stoplight, roundabout-having, cow town about 5 miles from the ghetto where I live.

No real joke.

haha yeah, it does not even have a stop light, we have a couple stop signs with blinking lights though lmao

:welcome:

Always like to see new riders entering the sport.

yeah, i have been wanting to get a bike for a while now but for some reason the past few weeks i have REALLY been wanting one lol, my parents arent too thrilled about it but its something i have wanted to do for a while now. any advice on what a good starter bike would be? im thinking something around 600cc like a CBR, GSXR, R6 or Ninja. i was considering a ninja 250 but i figured i would just get bored with it after like 2 weeks lol.

Edited by JStump

I'd sign up for the MSF classes now. If you wait too long, it will be June before you get in. As for bikes, I valued my time on a 250, but that's just me. Be careful on whatever you end up with. And don't be a squid..... wear your gear.

Welp -- it's a katana, so you can't ride it in Coshocton.

I wouldn't ride it, but that's just me -- bang for your buck would be better spent looking for an SV650. A la: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2145962950.html

Haha I actually just sent that guy an email.

and whats up with katanas, im just wondering cause your not the first person to say something about them, when i asked my boss about the katana he asked me if i had a pussy(his words not mine) LMAO

Edited by JStump
  • Upvote 1

I'd sign up for the MSF classes now. If you wait too long, it will be June before you get in. As for bikes, I valued my time on a 250, but that's just me. Be careful on whatever you end up with. And don't be a squid..... wear your gear.

What is an MSF class?

And I always plan on wearing gear, I have seen what happens when you dont :/

What is an MSF class?

And I always plan on wearing gear, I have seen what happens when you dont :/

WWW.motorcycle.Ohio.gov

I can't cut and paste on the phone but that's a good start. Motorcycle safety foundation classes take about three days to teach the basics of riding. You get your endorsement if you pass at the end. I did not go through it but wish I did and probably will eventually even with several years under my belt.

Haha I actually just sent that guy an email.

and whats up with katanas, im just wondering cause your not the first person to say something about them, when i asked my boss about the katana he asked me if i had a pussy(his words not mine) LMAO

:lol: your boss sounds like an alright guy.

Search the forum for 'katana' and study up son :D

Welcome new guy! These other haters just dont understand the coolness of the Katana. I had a 1990 Katana 600 for a few years. Great bike for me. Affordable, cheap on the insurance. Just some ( ok most) people dont think they count as a "real" motorcycle. Stick around long enough and you will hear of this Coshocton Katana curse.

Dang you Gen3, that would have made a nice track bike. Event that SV in the earlier link looked nice. At this point, anything made new then 1982 850 would be sweet

I would say welcome but you're probably about ready to kill me for getting to that bike before you. Either way good luck with your search, do some research on bikes, don't just impulse buy because it is a good deal.

Nah, it's all good, although that would have been the perfect bike for me ;) Jk

here is the bike i just found which i am gonna check out later today, any opinions? the ad is pasted below...

Here is my 07' 250 Ninja for sale,in great shape it has 3300 miles on it and it has been dropped by previous owner but with minial damage and still runs perfect. it is a great starter bike and i did alot to it to make it look as great as possible, intergrated smoked tailight, no fender,custom seat, rim strips,flushmunts,and decals to match the strip. KBB has it priced for alitle more than 2500.

web.jpg?ver=12945005550001

i know i said i dont want a 250 but after thinking about it and watching some videos i think a 250 is the way to go for my first bike, and i have realized it would probably be more fun to ride a slower bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow at least until i get the hang of riding.

EDIT: the guy wants $1700 for it, i forgot to mention that

Edited by JStump

I'd try to get it for under 2 if you could so when you out grow it and want to ditch it you can come out even. Also, I don't know how much you care about looks but in '08 they changed the styling to look more like the zx6r which I think it more appealing. You may want to check the bikes for sale here as I think I remember seeing a couple 250's for sale really cheap

Edited by Bad324

i would love to have the 08+ ninja cuz your right, they do look cooler but this guy is wanting $1700(i sould have posted that lol) and im gonna see if he will do $1500 but i am most likely willing to go up to his asking price if it looks and runs as good as he claims.