New member and new rider here

JStump

It's cool that the previous owner dropped it. Now when you drop it, it won't be as dramatic. I dropped/crashed my first 3 bikes, your results may vary. That's awesome that you're planning on wearing gear!

yeah, i know its gonna happen eventually so i wanna be prepared, almost all of the motorcycle accidents i have seen could have been drastically reduced in severity if the person had been wearing gear. my uncle has some serious road rash just because someone threw out a bag of trash in front of him on the highway and he ended up laying his bike down, now he has scars up and down his left side from it cuz he was just wearing shorts and a t shirt.

• Upvote 1

then sell your 250 (or keep it as a nice little commuter/race bike) after a few seasons and get something baller.

Haha yeah, hopefully I'll have a baller job by then(one that I ACTUALLY went to school for) to pay for that baller bike! But at the moment Best Buy pay is not really cuttin it lol

• Upvote 1

Haha yeah, hopefully I'll have a baller job(one that I ACTUALLY went to school for) to pay for that baller bike! But at the moment Best Buy pay is not really cuttin it lol

A wise newb. Good thought process.

Greetings, for your first bike, old skool, that's the ticket! :)

Why pay more? Got a wrench, cash in on somebody else's lack of same.

You can find older bikes everywhere with really low miles and more importantly low $$ :metal:

Good gear cost's money don't skimp on that. Better a cheaper bike than trash gear.

Edited by Strictly Street
added gear

Greetings, for your first bike, old skool, that's the ticket! :)

Why pay more? Got a wrench, cash in on somebody else's lack of same.

You can find older bikes everywhere with really low miles and more importantly low $$ :metal:

Good gear cost's money don't skimp on that. Better a cheaper bike than trash gear.

nah, as much as i like to work on cars and stuff, i want something reliable, i would love to have an old bike or car to work on and fix up but i want a reliable one first ya know?

and i will be asking for gear for my birthday in march. my parents dont like the fact im getting a bike cuz they think ill die so i can probably get some good gear out of them :D

Edited by JStump

nah, as much as i like to work on cars and stuff, i want something reliable, i would love to have an old bike or car to work on and fix up but i want a reliable one first ya know?

and i will be asking for gear for my birthday in march. my parents dont like the fact im getting a bike cuz they think ill die so i can probably get some good gear out of them :D

you will be good as long as you dont ride with Coshocton locals on there roads. they will leave you on the side of the road.

J\K...;) cant wait for spring

so i just went to look at that ninja and i decided i have to have it, i gave the guy half($850) today so he will keep it for me but i am gonna go pick it up tomorrow depending on how it runs, supposedly it runs perfect but it was too cold today to get it started so i will see tomorrow. but based on how well it has been taken care of and how nice his car and CBR are i am sure it will run great! im freaking pumped!!! lol

You should ask him to pull the side fairings off before you get there to check for leaky fluids, frayed wires, ground metal, and JB Weld.

Check fork seal, chain, rear sprocket, brake rotors and pads, clutch/brake cable. And run through all the electrics (L/R turn, horn, headlight high/low, brake light using hand brake and foot brake separately, etc) to make sure those are all good.

Those are my suggestions, do what you want, but I'm skeptical of people -- I have trust issues.

Those are my suggestions, do what you want, but I'm skeptical of people -- I have trust issues.

Yeah I am skeptical of people too but this guy seems legit, not that I'm going to take his word on it but everything seems cool. I'll definitely ask check for leaks but from what I saw it's a great bike, I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow lol

I dont know if I would have given him $850 but it's your money, not mine. Hopefully everything works out for ya bro, and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Seems like you fit in already.

well i gave it to him so he would not sell the bike before we get it started, its basically mine cuz i have to keys :D but its still in his garage lol and this forum seems great! i have been on a bunch of different forums over the years and you get a lot of people that are just complete assholes but this site seems pretty chill.

Well considering I'm a complete newb when it comes to bikes and people arent ripping on me for not knowing stuff it's nice, there are a couple forums I have seen where you would get shit on for not knowing stuff :/

we'll help you unless you don't take our advise and be a complete dumbass. Everyone here is awesome and isn't an asshole until you know them and get tojoke around at their expense. Thats been my experience and I've only been around for a year