Motorcycle drifting > car drifting

Disclaimer

Seen this all over the place, but still a great video. Finally someone doing something interesting with an extended swingarm.

This is what I was thinking, I knew there had to be a use for those ugly stretched bikes with the 330 rear tire. good on them for finding one. now whenever I see one I can ask the owner if they can drift it... and watch their puzzled response of "wut?"

On the fence with the drifting thing. As for the cars, I know it takes skill and all, but it isn't racing. I know I will get flamed on that.

The bike? I have always thought that the stunt guys that were doing drifts were awesome. It takes serious throttle control and body control to do it at that RPM and in the manner they do it. Certainly WAY more skill than it takes to do the car thing. A person can practice the same amount of time on both and be better in the car than the bike. It comes to the rider more than the machine with a bike... Same in racing.

But, the extended swingarm sorta took it down a notch for me. It's going to be more stable and more controllable than the regular OEM length. I would like to watch him do it on a standard length ZX10 as I have seen these guys do. To me, it would be more impressive. However, I believe that they did it this way because the control factor and being around a car.

In the end, the reason I am on the fence is that if you went around that track like a road racer would, you'd smoke them both no matter if you were in a car or on a bike... I just am not sold on drifting. Cool to watch - especially when they add cinematic to the mix, but after a short bit, it becomes rather boring...

One funny note is the ZX10 had fork tube extenders on. Funny because it is lowered and had a lengthened swingarm...

I think the ZX10 is fucking awesome looking....but Im a bit jaded

I thought the colors were badass also. New color scheme for next year? Hmmmm???

I went Sinner on my new GSXR. I just thought about you so much that I wanted to feel like I was with you when riding my cycle.:eek:

A little off thread but a while back there was video of a bike (i think 600rr) drifting and wheeling in a parking lot. One of the best stunt clips I've seen,but I can't find it does anyone remember it?

I believe that Teach was the first guy to really start doing the drifting. We watched him when he was on Hondas and he was really impressive to watch. We watched a stunt show he and the team he was with did for our company and I could have watched him do drifting on the bike a million times over the other stuff. It's an element that really is about control and rider ability. The wheelies and stoppies are cool too, but lack that element. Well, lacks what other people can do with little time in the saddle. Drifting and riding with the back end out is an art and very tough to learn and master.

But, the extended swingarm sorta took it down a notch for me. It's going to be more stable and more controllable than the regular OEM length. I would like to watch him do it on a standard length ZX10 as I have seen these guys do. To me, it would be more impressive.

Did you watch the other video of the rider on a standard wheelbase bike? He was whipping it around almost as good with the standard wheelbase.

Did you watch the other video of the rider on a standard wheelbase bike? He was whipping it around almost as good with the standard wheelbase.

I didn't, but again, a longer wheelbase is going to provide easier control. I think a standard wheelbase is a showcase for better control by the rider. Same with drag racing.

• 4 weeks later...