Help Windows 7 laptop webpages not displayed

scottb

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammiches, what oil to use, and i already seen the LBTS and GLWS.....

I am about done for the night, reimage might be the best bet.

I think i will run check disk over night with the original hard drive connected to a functional PC

nice try to set her back on track....... your threads is ours nowzzzz

...First time with a Win7 computer.

You had already checked the things and attempted fixes that would have fixed 95% of Windows <whatever version> problems.

Under the hood/beyond the visual stuff, 7 is not that different from XP - at least in the basic 'way things work', e.g. the hosts file is still there, command line commands are all still there (with some new ones).

Now, Active Directory 2008 versus 2003, or Exchange 2010 versus 2007, there are major differences. Had my fill of fun today to last me all year...

MS forums say antivirus can interfere with chkdsk at boot. Remove or disable antivirus to run chkdsk at boot. Especially AVG. Also says can optionally run the chkdsk from your WINRE on the win7 install disk. This is where I switch to scanning from a boot of the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostics. I get better results with those, especially for a repair. Back up important files before doing any changes to the hard drive. Yes, slaving it USB to another computer is the easiest way. Don't forget the firefox bookmarks. You might have to do an html export of the firefox bookmarks first.

You had already checked the things and attempted fixes that would have fixed 95% of Windows <whatever version> problems.

Under the hood/beyond the visual stuff, 7 is not that different from XP - at least in the basic 'way things work', e.g. the hosts file is still there, command line commands are all still there (with some new ones).

Now, Active Directory 2008 versus 2003, or Exchange 2010 versus 2007, there are major differences. Had my fill of fun today to last me all year...

Hey now, don't try to get this thread back on track.