Need leathers

jschaf

I thought I got a good deal on an Alpinestars suit from Sportbiketrackgear. $1399 for $1000 closeout special. Ordered it last night, my size available in all colors, according to their website at the time. Tonight when I got home I've got an email from them asking me if I'd like another color because the color I chose was out of stock. A look at their website tonight tells me that all colors are sold out in my size. Long story short: I need some decent leathers (size 56 euro, 46 US) & I think these guys are trying to bait & switch me.

Any suggestions?

Craig is right, when they send out the emails and update the site with closeout stuff they typically sell out pretty quickly. I alway call them and ask them to check the stock before ordering anything closeout from them just to avoid what happened here.

They are good people to deal with still, IMO.

TJ @ rider's discount is absolutely awesome, but I don't have anything bad to say about Brian Van either.

I would be shocked and amazed if STG was truly attempting a "bait and switch," as you suggest.

You have every right to be upset, but I think they'll impress you with a chance to make it right.

If you're not happy with the other options available, for $1k, you can get a pretty nice custom Spartan suit, and possibly even a custom Pilot suit. I'm not sure where the Pilots start, but $1k sounds about right.

TJ @ rider's discount is absolutely awesome, but I don't have anything bad to say about Brian Van either.

I would be shocked and amazed if STG was truly attempting a "bait and switch," as you suggest.

You have every right to be upset, but I think they'll impress you with a chance to make it right.

If you're not happy with the other options available, for $1k, you can get a pretty nice custom Spartan suit, and possibly even a custom Pilot suit. I'm not sure where the Pilots start, but $1k sounds about right.

You can look into Heoric leathers also

i really like my Held Suzuka suit. too many low sides later, all the stitches were still intact. I got it patched up here and there to serve as a back up since I bought a new (used) suit later last year.

Got word back from Smitty at sportbiketrackgear. He says he could get me an Alpinestars Tech 1-R or $1189 but that's a little over my budget so I'm still in the market. I won't be needing leathers tomorrow or next week or next month or anything unless a good deal comes up. Thanks again for the advice.

Got word back from Smitty at sportbiketrackgear. He says he could get me an Alpinestars Tech 1-R or $1189 but that's a little over my budget so I'm still in the market. I won't be needing leathers tomorrow or next week or next month or anything unless a good deal comes up. Thanks again for the advice.

Like I said, contact TJ at Riders Discount soon and I am sure he will set you up with a great deal.

I'm rocking the new 2.0 twist of fate suit this yr by speed n strength. I got it for a hell of a good price through tj @ riders discount.

Alls I did was take a few trips to the pony to try on a jst about evey suit n size that they had then ordered from tj.

I'm rocking the new 2.0 twist of fate suit this yr by speed n strength. I got it for a hell of a good price through tj @ riders discount.

Alls I did was take a few trips to the pony to try on a jst about evey suit n size that they had then ordered from tj.

Does the IP have alot of suits? I saw several Astars, a Dianese, and then tons of clearance Fieldsheers....thats about it.

Does the IP have alot of suits? I saw several Astars, a Dianese, and then tons of clearance Fieldsheers....thats about it.

They have a lot of suits yes, but price and quality differ. They have astars, fieldsheeer,agv and dianese. I found out my build is not for any dianese suits : (. I already had an astars suit but each of their suits are built for a diff body type and you only have a few models to choose from @ the pony.

My first suit was a fieldsheer, it was a good suit but I wanted to spend more and get better quality in my opinion. My 2nd suit was an astar suit, I loved it but got a size to big. So I used it for half of last season befor selling it. I'm in love w/ my new ss suit, it fits me perfectly w/ or w/o a back protector on

• 3 weeks later...
i really like my Held Suzuka suit. too many low sides later, all the stitches were still intact. I got it patched up here and there to serve as a back up since I bought a new (used) suit later last year.

I ordered my Held Slade suit from SBTG today. They gave me a decent price & had it in stock.

• Upvote 1

I ordered my Held Slade suit from SBTG today. They gave me a decent price & had it in stock.

held makes some quality stuff, and the slade looks like it's a much nicer suit than the suzuka is (and the suzuka is no slouch!).

if you don't have a back protector already, get one. i really like my knox contour (race version with the extra bit to protect your vestigial tail... or your lower spine and tail bone).

see you at the track!

why are you hooked on a-star? there are plenty of other brands that will be within your price range. teknic, shift, speed and strength, heoric, etc...

for instance, i got my top of the line teknic xcelerator (same brand/model josh hayes uses) for 700 shipped from TJ @ ridersdiscount.

in short: explore other suit options, contact tj, and stg does not run a bait and switch, they are one of the more reputable companies currently in business along with riders discount.

Edited by natedogg624

held makes some quality stuff, and the slade looks like it's a much nicer suit than the suzuka is (and the suzuka is no slouch!).

if you don't have a back protector already, get one. i really like my knox contour (race version with the extra bit to protect your vestigial tail... or your lower spine and tail bone).

see you at the track!

They say the slade has a built in CE2 back protector. Thanks. See you at the track.

Here is another option for anyone looking for a suit and bang for your buck.

I just bought the Cortech Latigo 1 piece. It has all you need for track day suit minus a full back protection (it has one but not for intermediate and up riding). Perforated, lined, double and triple stitched, PUCKS INCLUDED, etc. It seems comparable to $900 suits for much less. I got mine from sporttour.com who beat everyone else's price for this suit.