So you think Taco Bell is really selling you ground beef?

Casper

You sure about that? When I brown ground beef, it's nearly that fine, if I take the time to work with it. The stuff I made for Taco's last night was pretty close to what they have, except I'm pretty sure it was all beef (unless Kroger is failing on their ground beef.)

I use the same 85/15 beef roll from Krogers and it's nearly impossible unless you over cook it so it crumbles like crazy, but still is never as fine as the Bell's. If you can though imagine how long it would take the Bell to get that done with real beef. Orders would take forever. My brother managed one when he was in college and he said until the meat was gone they just added water to it to bring it back alive the next day. :lol:

I always thought it was 40% beef and 60% fecal matter!

I can't stand Taco Hell,,,,or Crotcho Smell as I call it.

Here in Chillicothe, we have a place called Casa Del Taco. Been in this town long before Taco Hell moved in. And 100 times better. When I was in high school, we used to skip lunch, and sometimes afternoon classes, to go to Taco Tuesday at Casa. That was 21 years ago, and they still have Taco Tuesday today!

We have a place in Zanesville. El Magueys... I like it, for tacos... Beef looks like beef, has chopped onions and tomatoes in it (Diced). Good stuff and cheap.

Fiance decided to get steak one night. 5 hours later we were at the ER and she was holding a trash can... NEVER AGAIN... NO MORE MOM AND POP TACOS.

According to this lawsuit, only about 35% of their "seasoned ground beef" is actually beef. :puke:

I was more surprised, when I coulda swore I heard 'em say on the news, that 35% is the "government mandated" minimum beef content?! :wtf:

I thought it was ground wheezle.....LMAO

Ohh Gawd... We're gonna be getting more PM's from Lance now :rolleyes:

As long as it tastes good, doesnt make me sick, doesnt kill me, or isnt harmful, I dont care.

I kinda agree w/ the flatfish on this one :lol:

Just give me the number 8...

Did you reeeally just ask for the #8??

Weelllll OK... You asked for it! Grab yer ankles & exhale... ;)

Edited by Fonzie

I once worked for Yum! Brands (owner of Taco bell and others) and had to go watch the beef be prepared for all the brands (Taco bell, KFC, Long john silver, Pizza Hut). I can honestly say that in 2005 it was real beef with other shit added to it, and not 65% other shit

It makes it more authentic Mexican, right?

I love me some real mexican food, little place outside Vacaville, Ca I used to go would fill up a 14" plate with chicken enchaladas and rice for under $5. Good cooking and some hot little senoritas! :D Don't get that sort of real mex food in Ohio. :nono:

Whatever it is I amgetting some on the way home from buddy's right now chili cheese burrito

Two 5 layer burritos and a cheese roll up here, a chili cheese burrito for my girlfriend, and 3 crispy potato soft tacos for my daughter. What an evening...:p