Why shouldn't you pass in a blind curve?

Casper

Having driven cars and rode bikes overseas... this is all too common. Especially the passing of a bus as soon as you see it ahead of you. Regardless of line of sight or on coming traffic. My favorite was coming back from an all day adventure, all tired, and seeing a bus coming toward me on a wide straight road. And a car behind it going to pass it. And a car ahead of me going toward it. You can guess the free for all that occurred. I took a quick trip through a ditch (in a car). The surprise, the bus passed a car in front of him, while the car behind him passed the bus, into oncoming traffic ahead of me. Not what I wanted to see. And they probably all thought it was ok, since the road was so wide. Not to me, it wasn't. No better than a three lane road back home, with wet ditches on both sides.

Having driven cars and rode bikes overseas... this is all too common. Especially the passing of a bus as soon as you see it ahead of you. Regardless of line of sight or on coming traffic. My favorite was coming back from an all day adventure, all tired, and seeing a bus coming toward me on a wide straight road. And a car behind it going to pass it. And a car ahead of me going toward it. You can guess the free for all that occurred. I took a quick trip through a ditch (in a car). The surprise, the bus passed a car in front of him, while the car behind him passed the bus, into oncoming traffic ahead of me. Not what I wanted to see. And they probably all thought it was ok, since the road was so wide. Not to me, it wasn't. No better than a three lane road back home, with wet ditches on both sides.

+10000

All too common overseas.. India is an effing disaster for this kind of driving and Brazil is a close second.

+10000

All too common overseas.. India is an effing disaster for this kind of driving and Brazil is a close second.

Imagine the sudden shock of finding 4 vehicles wide on a three lane road, and all are barely in control, and one is a bus in the middle forcing everyone out of the way. Vehicles were diving off the road on both sides, going both ways...

Big cement culverts on the sides of roads are sewage ditches...

Places like that have open sewers along the sides of the roads.

In cities they put flat cement plates over the little ditches,

so people won't step in them. So people step ON THEM,

and they break... which puts your foot in sewage...

Yeah, I've done that. Don't step on the benjo ditch...

Imagine the sudden shock of finding 4 vehicles wide on a three lane road, and all are barely in control, and one is a bus in the middle forcing everyone out of the way. Vehicles were diving off the road on both sides, going both ways...

Ill try and post some vids of my india trip and the drivers there. Same thing. AT NIGHT... WTF...