to early for mid-ohio??

standout

How early is to early for mid-ohio? i hear so many things about the track and it's "ify" surface in the rain but am concerned about the cold. I'm looking to get as many days in as possible this year so starting early would be awesome but i'm not trying to travel to jennings. There first dates are april 23 and 24th. Average tempertaure then is around 50. Anyone have any experience with going this early?

How early is to early for mid-ohio? i hear so many things about the track and it's "ify" surface in the rain but am concerned about the cold. I'm looking to get as many days in as possible this year so starting early would be awesome but i'm not trying to travel to jennings. There first dates are april 23 and 24th. Average tempertaure then is around 50. Anyone have any experience with going this early?

I was there 2 years ago and it was like 75 or higher.... Was it a fluke.. ABSOLUTELY! But its April man.. The 25th is my birthday so I remember about every April 25th for the last 25 years.. Some birthdays are cold and rainy, and some are mid 60's or higher.. Its a guess.. If its dry it will prob be ok.. If its wet.. forget about it!

Suck it up and come to jennings:D

There are a bunch of us going at the beging of march

2 years ago first day at MO (~April 25) was 75 and sunny. This past year was cooler but not cold (60s?) and I got two sessions in before the rains came. I usually take the gamble because I'm anxious to go and don't want to be left out if the weather turns out OK. I also love the Saturday 2pm start and a track cleaned by karts.

Cold MO is okay by me, wet MO is a no go. Even if the weather's nice be careful first thing in the morning. I start off slow and never have had a problem once the tires are warmed up. I know what's coming first lap out of the keyhole for the first few sessions though.

Fuck cold, shit I did an August day in 2006 with AIR TEMPS 99-101. My buddy and I drank a 6 pack of Gatorade and 24pk of water and NEVER had to pee!! I was SOAKED and during my last time out I called it quits the last 2 laps because I was sooo fatigued that I felt like I was going to collapse.

maybe.:(

Yup. Key is to get hydrated days before the event. If not, your body will never catch up. It's that way no matter what sport you are doing...

As for Mid-Ohio... In the cold, it is a bit tough, but so is any track. Hell, the last event there for the CA day, it was 50 degrees and cloudy, but you could still run decent times...

I would say with all the snow and rain we've had, it will be out of Mother Nature's system by then.

Or, at least that's what I am telling myself!:D