New addition to my gun safe!

BiggO

Missed out on a deal for a regular XD 9mm with the lasermax internal laser. I was standing, talking to a buddy of mine, when a guy tried trading the XD plus cash for a Kimber pro carry. The Kimber owner wasn't interested in trading but this guy in the booth behind him asked how much the guy wanted for the XD. He says $400. It sold so quick, I didn't even get to look at it.

It wasn't a bad little show. I think there were more long guns than anything though. Still thinking about the 50cal rifle that was there, and the .50 Desert Eagle in the same area. Wonder what kind of deal I can get for both of them together? May have to make the trip today, and see what happens.

Edited by DoughnuT

It wasn't a bad little show. I think there were more long guns than anything though. Still thinking about the 50cal rifle that was there, and the .50 Desert Eagle in the same area. Wonder what kind of deal I can get for both of them together? May have to make the trip today, and see what happens.

I saw those too. Pretty sweet if you get the guy to deal. I was there yesterday for about 4 hours and overheard several dealers talking about how good of a turnout there was, and that they had sold a lot.

I also have an XD 40 subcompact that I got last year. Love that gun. It's also been great to shoot and a good carry gun too. That's one reason when I saw this XDm 9mm, I wanted it. 19 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe!

Only would have been better if it was a 40 0r 45!

I got there about 10:30, went and got lunch about 1, and stayed there until about 5. My friend that I went with, sold three guns there yesterday. S&W model 19, Ruger speed 6 in 357mag, and a sigma I think. He done pretty good.

He sold those in about 20 minutes, after we came back from eating. We were checking out a couple guns, and he ended up buying a mini14. He was debating on the mini14, the 44mag Desert Eagle, or the Israeli 357mag Desert Eagle. He ended up picking up the 14. Fun guns to play with, but he probably won't have it to long. He trades a lot, and hardly keeps a gun for more than a week.

I had just bought a Springfield armory 1911, a couple days before, or I would have went home with one of the Desert Eagles. For some reason, I want a .50 Desert Eagle badly. Don't know why, other than being different.

Yeah, there's a gun show etiquette, once a barter is under way, it's not nice to jump in. But I stand by to be next to have a chance to barter. I watched a young man offer a Luger in holster with spare mag, and he said it was one his Father (or Grandfather) brought back from Europe in WW2. The dealer offered a fairly low offer without looking at it, and the kid handed it over, took the money, and walked away. The dealer checked the piece, and it was all matching serial numbers on all parts including holster and spare mag. Easily worth 3 to 4 times what he had offered, or more. Wish the kid would have talked to me first.

Edited by ReconRat

I understand what you are saying recon, but if it comes to something like that I may step in and offer something higher. It is hard to watch someone get rid of something that has been in the family that long. Let alone know they are getting ripped off by a dealer.

I know some are going to think it would be an "asshole" move, but the dealer is going to turn around and rip another person off selling it, and I rather see someone get something better out of stuff like that. Like you said, it was worth more, and the dealer ripped him off for something his father may have fought for.

Wouldn't want it to happen to me if my father done that, so I wouldn't let it happen to someone else in that spot.