cheap holsters

Steve Butters

anyone have any luck with cheap holsters like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180543010465#vi-content

its not necessarily a wanting to be cheap that leads me to like this one, its the clip style.... all the ones im seeing require a belt, and in the summer time i like to wear basketball shorts...theyre actually climbing shorts so they have the real thick elastic waistband, i know they can support the weight of the gun because i can carry hammers and stuff in them with no problem...just would like to find a holster that attaches without belt loops etc

probably pick up something else for carrying with jeans/shorts where ill have a belt, but thats easy, so wanting to consider my options with something like this for when im wearing shorts

not sure if "you get what you pay for" applies to holsters or not usually

i have noticed a few spots on mine. unless you have a stainless slide. the taurus is definitely not stainless. once i seen it starting to do that, i just clean and wipe with oil after wearing it. seems to have prevented anything damaging in the past 4 years of wearing it on a damn near daily basis.

you should clean your carry gun(s) weekly to keep them functioning correctly. fuzz, dirt and shit has it's effects.

I have a desantis like Curby posted. I love it. It's comfortable and won't come out even when I run. With the clip it's nice because I remove the gun and holster together as a unit when I get to work or when I get home. Only times it comes out of it is when I shoot, clean or switch holsters.

As far as holstering, it's for concealed carry so there isn't really an issue with that. You draw it when you need it. It's not a duty holster where you will be drawing and holstering is a lot.

I think mine was $15 bucks.

I have a desantis like Curby posted. I love it. It's comfortable and won't come out even when I run. With the clip it's nice because I remove the gun and holster together as a unit when I get to work or when I get home. Only times it comes out of it is when I shoot, clean or switch holsters.

As far as holstering, it's for concealed carry so there isn't really an issue with that. You draw it when you need it. It's not a duty holster where you will be drawing and holstering is a lot.

I think mine was $15 bucks.

did you pick it up locally? gander only had one holster for my gun and it was owb... theyre $26 online, so if i can pick it up cheaper somewhere ide prefer that

**edit

Basically but that one you posted is an outside waistband. The paddle part slips into your pants and there are small hooks that hook under your belt that keep it from sliding back out. I don't like the paddles because it's very uncomfortable for me. Plus trying to take it off can be a bitch.

Basically but that one you posted is an outside waistband. The paddle part slips into your pants and there are small hooks that hook under your belt that keep it from sliding back out. I don't like the paddles because it's very uncomfortable for me. Plus trying to take it off can be a bitch.

yea i noticed it after i posted, hence my edit lol thanks for the clarification though

did you pick it up locally? gander only had one holster for my gun and it was owb... theyre $26 online, so if i can pick it up cheaper somewhere ide prefer that

You edited on your earlier post! :lol:

I got mine from New Albany Shooting Range. Was made specifically for my M&P, not one of those ones that fits a gun of a certain size.

As far as cleaning it, I clean mine every couple of weeks, not weekly. Run a swab through the barrel to clean the dirt and lint, and wipe it down with a light coat of oil. All my guns get cleaned monthly just as preventative maint.

You edited on your earlier post! :lol:

I got mine from New Albany Shooting Range. Was made specifically for my M&P, not one of those ones that fits a gun of a certain size.

As far as cleaning it, I clean mine every couple of weeks, not weekly. Run a swab through the barrel to clean the dirt and lint, and wipe it down with a light coat of oil. All my guns get cleaned monthly just as preventative maint.

cool ill give them a call and see if they sell one for my hk...thanks again chebby!

how do these work? i like the spot for the extra mag, but it looks backward to me like a lefty holster, but it says ambidextrous

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/HK/P2000SK/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/Pro-Stealth

also looking at these two

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/HK/P2000SK/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/sof-tucktm

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/HK/P2000SK/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/The-Insider

i like the extra spot for a mag on first, i like that the second has adjustable cant, and i like the size of the last one since its less bulky lol

Edited by Steve Butters

how do these work? i like the spot for the extra mag, but it looks backward to me like a lefty holster, but it says ambidextrous

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/HK/P2000SK/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/Pro-Stealth

also looking at these two

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/HK/P2000SK/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/sof-tucktm

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/HK/P2000SK/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/The-Insider

i like the extra spot for a mag on first, i like that the second has adjustable cant, and i like the size of the last one since its less bulky lol

First one, the clip switches sides for right or left hand. As it's set up, it's for left hand carry.

Second is nice because you can adjust the cant. Some people like more of a cant when they draw. Personal preference.

Last one, same type just different size. Made for your gun.

Oh, and for having extra mag, I'd get a mag holster and wear it on your weak side. That way you can keep your gun aimed and reach with the other hand to grab another mag. If not, you'll be trying to reach with your left hand (assuming your right handed) to your right side of your hip.

Oh, and for having extra mag, I'd get a mag holster and wear it on your weak side. That way you can keep your gun aimed and reach with the other hand to grab another mag. If not, you'll be trying to reach with your left hand (assuming your right handed) to your right side of your hip.

ah this makes sense...ill wait and try out yours and see if it feels alright being straight up and down and go from there, if i need more cant ill get the other, if not ill stick with the one you have

I picked up a Uncle Mike's IWB holster for my XD from Gander. Got it home to find that the trigger guard doesn't clear. I'm going to look at it some more later and decide for sure, but I think it's going back. Maybe just going back to get the one that will fit right.