cheap holsters

Steve Butters

Even with a belt the loops are a PITA. You will want to be able to get it off easily and drop it in the glove box for example.....gotta stand in the parking lot and take your belt off...total PITA.

yep - this is why i didnt want one with belt loops...i want the ability to slip it off without having to take my belt off, and for occasions where i wont be wearing a belt..

like, if i visit my girls house while shes still living at home, ill have to either take it off and leave it in my truck or make sure its very well concealed....her mom is very weird about guns...her dad has a pocket sized 22 he drops in his pocket to take with him to feed the animals at night, incase a coyote or something shows up...her mom hates that thing and freaks out if she even sees it...hell, she locked it up and hid it from him for awhile but he eventually found it lol

I use the belt loops on my Serpa holster. It's way more comfortable for me than the paddle and if I have to remove it, it goes into my lock box in the car. A holster won't fit in their anyways so it would do me no good to remove the holster with it. Then I just show off an empty holster. lol

i need to get a lockbox for the truck...problem is, behind my seat is completely full (single cab, and i have a toolbox behind my seat), so ill have to do some thinking about where ill put it lol...i have a little fireproof lock box already, may just use it with a thick cable lock and try to fit it inside the truck somewhere...not as thin as a gun safe, but it should do the job

i need to get a lockbox for the truck...problem is, behind my seat is completely full (single cab, and i have a toolbox behind my seat), so ill have to do some thinking about where ill put it lol...i have a little fireproof lock box already, may just use it with a thick cable lock and try to fit it inside the truck somewhere...not as thin as a gun safe, but it should do the job

They are low profile. Will fit under the seat or wherever. Has a cable that you can loop around something sturdy.

1000947_NV300_A_400.jpg

is the cable sturdy or something that can be cut with bolt cutters?

Anything like that can be cut with bolt cutters. If not they can take the seat apart so they don't have to cut the cable. Anything can be stolen no matter what you do.....so you have to ask, what are the chances someone with bolt cutters in their pocket will find out I have a gun safe cable locked under my seat?

Anything like that can be cut with bolt cutters. If not they can take the seat apart so they don't have to cut the cable. Anything can be stolen no matter what you do.....so you have to ask, what are the chances someone with bolt cutters in their pocket will find out I have a gun safe cable locked under my seat?

very true...the only place i would have it locked up is when im at work or school...which is only a few hours at a time anyways, if i go to the bank or something ill just toss it in the glovebox or hit the drive thru

i think ill pick one of those boxes up, a lot cheaper than i expected...and a lot smaller than my fireproof box lol

Most gun stores carry the microvault, or the nanovault (I have the nano) and they are pretty sturdy.

Pretty much any cable can be cut with bolt cutters, so can chains. If someone wants it bad enough that they have bolt cutters, not much will stop them. They dohave a couple holes in the bottom, so you COULD mount it on the floorpan, on the hump in the middle. A friend of mine has one there in his truck, I think it might be bolted down, I never paid attention!

where can i find one like that? is the cable sturdy or something that can be cut with bolt cutters?

Yeah it could be cut but anything can be broken into. It's just one more line of defense it all. Unless you feel like bolting a huge 300lb safe into your car, you won't stop anyone that wants to steal it. Even then they would just steal the car and crack it eventually.

Cabela's, NASR, Buckeye/Vances, ballisticreload.com.......

They come in keyed and combo versions. I have the combo so I don't have to worry about losing a key. Judd just got the keyed version.

yea i totally forgot that i leave a key to my truck in my cupholder...and my back window doesnt lock, so literally anybody can reach into my truck and grab the key out of the cup holder and drive it away lol.....guess ill take that key outta the cupholder and start tucking it in my wallet or something

yea i totally forgot that i leave a key to my truck in my cupholder...and my back window doesnt lock, so literally anybody can reach into my truck and grab the key out of the cup holder and drive it away lol.....guess ill take that key outta the cupholder and start tucking it in my wallet or something

SOlution?

http://www.consolevault.com/

^ ill have to go with the nano safe...i dont have a console or an arm rest lol...my truck is base model...only options i have are 4x4, diesel, and cruise control..single bed, XL model, manual everything, no console, bench seat without fold out arm rest, etc etc lol

What's your address? :D

lol judd - ive already resolved that issue now that i posted said information!

ive been meaning to do it, but just havent lol

i only keep a second key in there so i can lock it up at gas stations if i run inside and want to leave it running which i do since i like to start/stop it as little as possible due to how much damn starters cost!!