cheap holsters

Steve Butters

I picked up a Uncle Mike's IWB holster for my XD from Gander. Got it home to find that the trigger guard doesn't clear. I'm going to look at it some more later and decide for sure, but I think it's going back. Maybe just going back to get the one that will fit right.

It's it made out of soft felt type stuff? Jamie has one of those and we both hated it. It slid in and out too easily. Maybe it was just the fit because it wasn't gun specific, just size.

It's it made out of soft felt type stuff? Jamie has one of those and we both hated it. It slid in and out too easily. Maybe it was just the fit because it wasn't gun specific, just size.

It actually fits better than I thought. I worked with it a little bit and I think it will be fine. I'll show you tomorrow. I think being tight on the trigger guard will be fine, if not a good thing, anyway. Otherwise it fits pretty nice, I think. Drawing seems to be easy enough.

This isn't the wild west. People nowadays don't just strap them on their belts for the whole world to see! :rolleyes:

:wtf:

I have bought a lot of holsters over the years that I have given away or still have because they don't work how I think they should. I carry every day and never take this one off. It has such a wide footprint that it will straddle most belt loops so I can always carry in the same spot. I can also rotate it to 3 o'clock for getting into some cars if need be. Retention and reholstering are what you would expect from a quality holster and I'm not sweating up the pistol. They also have loops that can be attached to it that will turn it into an IWB holster.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/raven_concealment_systems/114999-new_belt_hardware_from_raven_concealment.html

dont want to carry OWB because ill be carrying all the time, and im sure my girl would have objections to me carrying OWB if we were at events and things with her family, which happens a lot since her family is massive and they have bday parties and other shit almost every weekend lol

if its too uncomfortable to carry IWB, then ill do OWB, but im going to try IWB first. like i said, i can tuck my gun just into my jeans at 3 o clock and its comfortable, sitting, standing, whatever...would it be different with a holster? i dont see a problem carrying there, for myself.

I have bought a lot of holsters over the years that I have given away or still have because they don't work how I think they should. I carry every day and never take this one off. It has such a wide footprint that it will straddle most belt loops so I can always carry in the same spot. I can also rotate it to 3 o'clock for getting into some cars if need be. Retention and reholstering are what you would expect from a quality holster and I'm not sweating up the pistol. They also have loops that can be attached to it that will turn it into an IWB holster.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/raven_concealment_systems/114999-new_belt_hardware_from_raven_concealment.html

I have heard good reviews about those. Thanks for the review.

Ican tuck it iwb comfortably at 3 oclock without holster, would it be diff with one

:nono: Don't gansta carry it.

Try the blackhawk serpa. I use them for both my glocks.

:TWINGLOCK4DEEZ:

I love my Serpa too.

not gonna go any further until i find time to check out your desantis...if i can deal with striaght up and down like that, ill pick up one of those...if not, im gonna order one of the ones with adjustable cant

appreciate it though chevy...i need to get with you to see what your schedule is like anyways lol...ill PM you sometime