pro carry crowd!

ratedpg89

Boo!! Guns!! You should take your metal death piece and stay off the internet.

The second amendment isn't even about guns, it's about bear arms -- because people used to hunt a lot of bears.

Damn you! I read this and started to laugh, but I just took a drink of my pop. Now I have to clean my screen again!

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to ORDN...

I have carried from time to time on my bikes. Funny story, I got stopped on 161 heading out of Granville toward New Albany. I had my S&W 1911 in the inside pants holster. Forgot to tuck my shirt in and it was flying up riding up the road (like it will do) I was like, I wasn't speeding, I was using my turn signals, I did not cut anyone off.

Trooper politely walked up and asked if I had a permit. I handed him all the info you normally would. He flipped through the items and looked at my CCP and handed myself back to me. Smiled and asked if I could tuck my shirt in.

OOPs.

I work away from home quite a bit and it sucks to leave the wife alone but that little Ruger LCP in the bedside drawer gives me a little more piece of mind while I'm away.

I've explained that to a few antis and they usually can't come up with an excuse as to why I shouldn't have it there.

The missus and I haven't taken our CCW....yet.(She's a better shot than me :cry:)

When we do,I predict twins ;)

I work away from home quite a bit and it sucks to leave the wife alone but that little Ruger LCP in the bedside drawer gives me a little more piece of mind while I'm away.

I've explained that to a few antis and they usually can't come up with an excuse as to why I shouldn't have it there.

The missus and I haven't taken our CCW....yet.(She's a better shot than me :cry:)

When we do,I predict twins ;)

My wife says that the gun is one thing she won't follow me on. She got her motorcycle endorsement when I did, and we do quite a few things together, but she has nearly ZERO interest in even handling the gun. I will try to encourage her to at least learn, even if she doesn't want to carry, or even plink at some targets, she should know how to safely handle a gun, with there being one in the house.

My wife says that the gun is one thing she won't follow me on. She got her motorcycle endorsement when I did, and we do quite a few things together, but she has nearly ZERO interest in even handling the gun. I will try to encourage her to at least learn, even if she doesn't want to carry, or even plink at some targets, she should know how to safely handle a gun, with there being one in the house.

my girl is the same way :lol: shes so against it, she told me not to even tell her when i get one or if im carrying

My wife was freaked out at first too but she has been pretty cool about it. I told her I would love for her to take the class just for safety reasons and knowing how to handle the gun when I'm not home. I have two handguns, one for carry and one for home. There are times I just leave my gun on the table when I come in and she doesn't care. I don't carry all the time but when I do she could care less. She has opened up to it a lot since I have my license and I have a safe in the house and all. Of course I will not leave the gun on the table once the kid is walking. She is still too young for that.

My wife was terrified of guns even though she grew up around them.

Last fall she took the First Shots course and has never looked back.

They start out with 22cal Rugers and if that doesn't work then at least you and her will know.

In fact we just went out last week to the range.Looking at a Kahr PM-9 for her and a Kahr P-9 for moi.

We're both left handed and the clip release on the Ruger LCP 380 is a little suspect.

I'm leaving again in a couple days but when I get back it'll be for a while and we'll take the CCW class.

Edited by shoemaker

the clip release on the Ruger LCP 380 is a little suspect.

You ain't kidding, that's my biggest complaint about that firearm. I'm worried something is going to break every time I insert or eject the magazine.

Appropriate term used for Pauly, lest I get mercilessly ridiculed for it.

my girl is the same way :lol: shes so against it, she told me not to even tell her when i get one or if im carrying

My wife was with me when I got the gun Sunday!

you shut your whore mouth old man :lol: sooooon

and im taking the class next month, so soon as my bday hits ill be able to file for permit

Yeah, that's my story, too! :lol:

Of course I will not leave the gun on the table once the kid is walking. She is still too young for that.

Get in the habit of putting it out of reach now.

My cousin John is a police officer. His sister is also married to a police officer (Corey). There were handguns in their house long before there were kids.

Corey was always very good about being in the habit of keeping his pistols well out of reach of his son and daughter. Uncle John wasn't in the same habit.

So one day they're sitting around, BSing, and my little cousin Maddie (4 years old at the time) comes into the living room and says, "Uncle John, you forgot to put your gun up high."

The 4 yr old knew the drill. The 29 yr old police officer fucked up. Luckily Maddie had been taught well enough that she knew not to handle the gun, and tell an adult. But her 2 year old brother probably wasn't old enough to understand quite so well.

in response to the statement that i will be dead before i get to my gun in my tank bag. i dont ever plan on needing to shoot while i am actually riding, never taught that in the academy lol, so havein the gun in my bag which sits with me where ever i go off the bike always seemed to make sense. im possitive that i could draw and fire from the bag,as quickly as trying to get a tight fitting leather coat either up out of the way or reach into a very small interior pocket.plus i dont think i could fire a weapon with my alpinestar gloves on. like i said i have thought of carrying on person mainly then i wouldnt have to worry about removing tank bag at ever stop. as someone else mentioned i have wondered about shoulder carry i have a galco jackass holser for the kimber but that would rule out removing my jacket which in the summer is the first thing i want to do when i am sweatin my ass off.honestly my biggest reason to carry is for protection in some of the not that classy hotels and motels i crash at when out riding far from home . there are some scary places in eastern and souther wv lol yes lots of banjo music lol thanks for the replys i love the input.

• Upvote 1

.honestly my biggest reason to carry is for protection in some of the not that classy hotels and motels i crash at when out riding far from home .

This was one of the motivating factors for me to take the class and get my license. I plan on doing some touring this summer and you never know where your going to end up and what kind of situations. Many people could give two shits about anything, including me.