pro carry crowd!

ratedpg89

i am a new member and have to say i am very impressed to see the amount of pro carry members on here. i have carried a side arm for many years as a police officer in my younger days and as a private citizen now. i have brought up gun questions on some sites and get blasted by anti gunners who avoid the question and just give me their view on the 2nd amendment. its great to see some like minded ohioians. also since someone might ask lol. depending on what i am wearing and riding or driving i carry a tactical pro kimber in 45 and /or a taurus ultralight snub nose 38 special. one thing i have argued with my self and love some others opinion is how any one feels about carrying on the body when riding? some worry that it would be a damage to the body in an accident? usually i carry in my tank bag, which goes with me when i leave the bike.

Welcome to ORDN! Funny to see an intro geared towards carrying lol. I carry 100% of the time, either open or concealed depending on the situation. I ride with it on my hip. At first I was worried about landing on it, but I'd rather have it easily accessible if I need it.

Edited by chevysoldier

Boo!! Guns!! You should take your metal death piece and stay off the internet.

The second amendment isn't even about guns, it's about bear arms -- because people used to hunt a lot of bears.

Way to steal a joke from Family Guy.... :nono:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/Rahman1937/?action=view&current=family_guy_right_to_bear_arms.mp4

• Upvote 2

Welcome! I'm still not convinced that I've found the perfect bike-carry method either. I don't trust IWB because I don't have any retention straps and owb precludes the occasional lunch stop. Maybe a shoulder rig? I'll find the right fit someday.

:welcome: I've been worried about the gun shooting myself if I went down on my bike as well. I'd love to see my worries debunked. I'm not going to be the test dummy, but someone else who is willing should report back.
Located at the rear of the trigger where it bears on the frame, the trigger safety prevents movement until the pivoting trigger is pulled. The second is an internal, spring-loaded plunger that prevents firing pin movement until the rearward movement of the trigger bar deactivates just before it releases the sear to fire the pistol. Both also serve to prevent trigger and/or firing pin movement in the event that the pistol is dropped.

This is one reason I love the M&P. Not sure if the XDs have this. I'm sure Glocks don't since they are so far behind the times and technology. Cough Jagr Cough

i am a new member and have to say i am very impressed to see the amount of pro carry members on here. i have carried a side arm for many years as a police officer in my younger days and as a private citizen now. i have brought up gun questions on some sites and get blasted by anti gunners who avoid the question and just give me their view on the 2nd amendment. its great to see some like minded ohioians. also since someone might ask lol. depending on what i am wearing and riding or driving i carry a tactical pro kimber in 45 and /or a taurus ultralight snub nose 38 special. one thing i have argued with my self and love some others opinion is how any one feels about carrying on the body when riding? some worry that it would be a damage to the body in an accident? usually i carry in my tank bag, which goes with me when i leave the bike.

I don't know that I've ever seen an anti-gunner post on this site. Hell, even our token libs carry. A few get annoyed with the copious amount of gun threads, but it IS a motorcycle forum.