Femmoto is now Sportbike Track Girl!

BamBamGixxer

Hey everyone---'specially our lady riders:

I wanted to include you in our latest press release. Sportbike Track Girl is a women’s track day organization that focuses specifically on empowerment; through on-track instruction, education, access to women-specific gear and discounted products and services. Sportbike Track Girl is a division of Sportbike Track Time.

For years, STT has been a leader at offering a professional track day experience, as well as one of the nation’s most comprehensive performance riding educational programs / curriculum. STT recognizes the tremendous growth of the female motorcycling demographic in recent years, and will put forth a dedicated effort to draw more women to the track. Now, the collaboration of Sportbike Track Time, Sportbike Tire Service and Sportbike Track Girl offer a single source for sportbike riders to enjoy a full-service track experience.

Please hop onto our Facebook page and support all of the women in our sport, Sportbike Track Girl https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sportbike-Track-Girl/199952923364596?ref=ts and "LIKE" us today!

Please visit www.sportbiketrackgirl.com for a link to our press release. Full website coming soon!

LADIES FIRST!

Best regards,

Christi "BamBam" Midlam

Director, Sportbike Track Girl

WERA #212

just out of curiosity, how come it got changed from femmoto? just an effort to consolidate the brands? or was femmoto a separate entity, and is now part of the larger sportbikeblahblahblah mega conglomerate?

just out of curiosity, how come it got changed from femmoto? just an effort to consolidate the brands? or was femmoto a separate entity, and is now part of the larger sportbikeblahblahblah mega conglomerate?

Jbot--

Common question. There were a number of reasons; the main reason is to consolidate the family of brands more succinctly. There were also legal requirements in the overall sale of Sportbike Track Time, the need to revamp/revitalize the brand, etc.

At the end of the day, polls overwhelmingly showed that our customers liked the name much better than the old one. It's a solid business move and we're pretty stoked about it!

Christi "BamBam" Midlam

Director, ST Girl (Sportbike Track Girl)

Sportbike Track Time Midwest Staff

WERA #212n

call it whatever you want, but femmoto, sportbike track girl, etc. is sexist.

:p

redkow;

ST Girl is anything but sexist. As a matter of fact the organization exists to help women overcome sexism in a male-dominated sport. I have met hundreds of men that are fully supportive of our goal, but unfortunately, there are still those that don't care to share the track with women.

Because that was your knee-jerk reaction, my assumption is that I failed to effectively communicate our mission. For that I apologize. Our message should be a very clear, succint one of empowerment and independence building.

Can you be more clear as to why you feel it's sexist? Would you agree that it is a male-dominated sport? Do you just feel women shouldn't be seperated from the men? If so, why?

Christi "BamBam" Midlam

WERA #212n

redkow;

ST Girl is anything but sexist. As a matter of fact the organization exists to help women overcome sexism in a male-dominated sport. I have met hundreds of men that are fully supportive of our goal, but unfortunately, there are still those that don't care to share the track with women.

Because that was your knee-jerk reaction, my assumption is that I failed to effectively communicate our mission. For that I apologize. Our message should be a very clear, succint one of empowerment and independence building.

Can you be more clear as to why you feel it's sexist? Would you agree that it is a male-dominated sport? Do you just feel women shouldn't be seperated from the men? If so, why?

Christi "BamBam" Midlam

WERA #212n

I thought the little "tongue-out" smiley adequately conveyed that I was joking, but the fact is you give discounts to women that men aren't eligible for, correct?

Equality would be everyone paying the same price regardless of gender.

The inequity in numbers of male vs. female riders isn't due to any conscious effort (at least none I've witnessed) to exclude women. Conversely, running a female-only track day would be explicitly doing to men what you're claiming implicitly happens to women. That would appear hypocritical.

Perhaps I just haven't met enough ignorant a-holes, but who are these men who "don't care to share the track with women?"

I want to see more people at the track regardless of their gender - it keeps costs down and the tracks profitable.

I thought the little "tongue-out" smiley adequately conveyed that I was joking, but the fact is you give discounts to women that men aren't eligible for, correct?

Equality would be everyone paying the same price regardless of gender.

The inequity in numbers of male vs. female riders isn't due to any conscious effort (at least none I've witnessed) to exclude women. Conversely, running a female-only track day would be explicitly doing to men what you're claiming implicitly happens to women. That would appear hypocritical.

Perhaps I just haven't met enough ignorant a-holes, but who are these men who "don't care to share the track with women?"

I want to see more people at the track regardless of their gender - it keeps costs down and the tracks profitable.

I have yet to see any men say they do not want to share a track with female riders, either. That may have been a bit of an exaggeration.

However, the real idea is that women are a VERY small % of the demographic for this sport. It is male dominated and is slowly, but surely a place where some really talented women racers and riders can come to feel less intimidated.

The feeling for some women is that because it is so male oriented, they tend to shy away or never try it out. Discounts are a way to add a little incentive to give it a try. There is no need to incentivize men as they are over 95% of our customers.

However, look at it this way. If you were a guy that didn't have cable and wanted to get it, you can get a discount for being a new customer. However, if you already have cable, the offer does not apply to you. Make sense? It's an effort to garnish new customers and the women's market is a such target.

Oh, and to JRMii's silly post - I can guarantee I can show you at least a few female riders that would disagree with your post and actually, could teach you a few things to make you a better rider.

This sport is no different than any other one out there. Women are an underdog, but there are great examples of really talented women doing what a lot of their male counter parts cannot. Even though it is a male dominated sport...;)

i know my wife has been very appreciative to fem moto and now SBtrack girl. thats who she got her suit and helped her get into track riding. now 2.5 years into it shes beyond hook and working on honing her skills and constantly improving.

thanks for a great thing!

OH and nice to meet you @ jennings this past weekend Brian and thanks for the tapemeasure

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying i disagree with "recruiting" female riders to grow the sport, I just inherently dislike the inequity of giving only one gender a discount.

Turn the tables, and tell me it wouldn't raise some eyebrows. There's no "men's rate" at my local yoga studio, softball league, field hockey, gymnastics gym, or any other female-dominated sports.

I'm not pissed off about it, I reject the notion that it's "fair."

OH and nice to meet you @ jennings this past weekend Brian and thanks for the tapemeasure

No worries, man. Wish it was the day before as I had a little more time. We were working with dealers and working on orders, etc... It was tough to get away.

Nice to meet you also. Stop by at some point during the year and chat. Hopefully, it will be less hectic.

Is there a Transgendered track day discount? That segment of the population is highly underrepresented too. I'd wear a dress if I'd get discounted track time...:ilikebikes:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is there a Transgendered track day discount? That segment of the population is highly underrepresented too. I'd wear a dress if I'd get discounted track time...:ilikebikes:

you'll probably have to prove your transgendered status with some deep tongue kissing with willing dudes.