Do want!

RSVDon

This got the wheels turning in my head for a bit, did some Googling, but in the end I have to agree with this guy:

Let me start with this: the S2000 is neither inexpensive nor is it a light car. They are over 2800 pounds with the factory four cylinder, which seems good compared to say a sports GT like the Supra (3200-3300 pounds) but bad when compared to cars "its same size" like the Miata (2200-2400 pounds). The 240 hp of the S2000 is in the middle of a Miata than a Supra, though. Spoiler: The C5 Z06 is 3050 pounds, had 400 hp, and is selling in the $21-28K range used. Take that to a road course and you're automatically faster than 99% of the cars there... and in the right hands they can and do run 11.9@119 quarter mile times (done that). Those cars are freaky fast, bone stock.

Regardless, the LS1 will indeed be heavier than the 2-2.2L Honda mill, so you're looking at a final 3000+ pound 2 seat convertible LS1 street car with an S2000 swap. That's called a "Corvette Convertible" and you can find them pre-built in large numbers.

Quote from http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12548115&postcount=17