iPhone jailbreak fags, in here! :)

RSVDon

So, I'm bored with my 3GS and feel like dicking with it, but I'm a little concerned. For years, it's been one of those, "If you screw up, don't worry, you can reset from iTunes and all is well". The problem with this is I have a 3GS running iOS 4.1.2 and a baseband of 05.15.04. From what I understand the baseband is holding me back from jailbreaking properly and the only fix is to go up to the iPad's 6.15 firmware in order to exploit the jailbreak loophole.

So, if I've got this straight...I jailbreak the phone by using PwnageTool which will upgrade to the 6.15 modem firmware and reload a jailbroken version of 4.1.2. Then I can use Ultrasn0w 1.2 to unlock the phone? (<-- is the unlock necessary considering I plan on staying with AT&T?).

My goal with this is to put apps on the phone I'd normally not be able to use like a Wi-Fi hotspot and custom home screens, basic shit really.

So if I upgrade the firmware to the iPad 6.15 and I have a problem, I can't reset using iTunes? I'm basically fucked if I mess something up?

Quite confused... :/

you dont need to unlock and i have never heard of using ipad OS on your phone, if you are running 4.1.2 you should be able to just use pwnage tool and thats it.

Edited by JStump

So, I'm bored with my 3GS and feel like dicking with it, but I'm a little concerned. For years, it's been one of those, "If you screw up, don't worry, you can reset from iTunes and all is well". The problem with this is I have a 3GS running iOS 4.1.2 and a baseband of 05.15.04. From what I understand the baseband is holding me back from jailbreaking properly and the only fix is to go up to the iPad's 6.15 firmware in order to exploit the jailbreak loophole.

So, if I've got this straight...I jailbreak the phone by using PwnageTool which will upgrade to the 6.15 modem firmware and reload a jailbroken version of 4.1.2. Then I can use Ultrasn0w 1.2 to unlock the phone? (<-- is the unlock necessary considering I plan on staying with AT&T?).

My goal with this is to put apps on the phone I'd normally not be able to use like a Wi-Fi hotspot and custom home screens, basic shit really.

So if I upgrade the firmware to the iPad 6.15 and I have a problem, I can't reset using iTunes? I'm basically fucked if I mess something up?

Quite confused... :/

the baseband worry is only for those that are using their phones "unlocked." meaning they are using their iphone on an alternate carrier such as t-mobile. if you are on att or verizon you are absolutely fine. you CAN still reset to factory standards as long as you are with a legit carrier.

no the unlock is not necessary since you are with att. like i said, unlock is only if you plan on using your phone with alternate carriers. (sorry i'm responding as i read down through your post).

once you do successfully jb your phone, be sure to add "sinfuliphonerepo.com" to your sources list. this will give you access to basically all the cool cydia apps you have to pay for, including mywi 4.0 (wifi hotspot creator). also within sinfuliphone repo make sure you add appsync 4.2 or 4.x whatever your current firmware is. this will allow you to add/sync torrented apps to your iphone via itunes without any problems.

-- apptrackr.org <-- bookmark this site ;)

any cool app you've always wanted but was more than your wanted to pay is now available for free with this option... just one of the other benefits of jailbreaking. download from apptrackr site and drag and drop the app/ipa file to itunes and you're done.

of course if this isn't your cup of tea, it's cool too.

for themes add the winterboard repo and "app."

be sure to check out lockinfo (in sinfuliphonerepo). a really cool lock screen replacement

you are not fucked if you screw up. just reset and try again. you'll be fine since you're not unlocking, just doing a simple jailbreak

• Upvote 1

I used greenpois0n and it worked ok. If you have any issues with restoring to factory settings I have a custom version of 4.1.2 for Mac or pc that will get u past the error codes that stick u in the boot loop that some people have issues with.

I used greenpois0n and it worked ok. If you have any issues with restoring to factory settings I have a custom version of 4.1.2 for Mac or pc that will get u past the error codes that stick u in the boot loop that some people have issues with.

^^ this.. greenpois0n FTW..

btw.. get the iOS 4 just saying..