car license plate question

gen3flygirl

This is probably a really dumb question but its better to be safe than sorry. I am going out of state this weekend to look at a new vehicle and if all goes well I will be driving it back Saturday. I will be getting it from a used car lot similar to carmax. Will they give me a temporary dealer tag/ 30 day tags or will I have to do that through their states DMV? Please be gentle this is my first time buying a car by my self. My dad will be going with me to make sure they don't try to screw me over but every thing will be in my name.

Carmax is for suckers. You are getting screwed if you pay sticker price- but if you can't/don't know how to negotiate I suppose it is your money.

30 day tags are like 30 bucks or so and you will register the car at the Bmv in Ohio.

Trust me I am not paying anything close to sticker price. I am still trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the thing since the price is so low but the carfax came back clean so I will have to wait to see it in person.

If it's a registered dealer, they will be ble to supply temporary tags without an issue. Regarding taxes, you may want to ensure that they will apply that to your OH taxes, or just pay them to ohio when you register the car. Good luck!

Like KruelHouse stated, they will give you temporary tags for their state as well as title. If you are financing it, then they will send you a non-negotiable title, which will allow you to register it here in Ohio. Just make sure that you don't pay taxes in both states.

Like KruelHouse stated, they will give you temporary tags for their state as well as title. If you are financing it, then they will send you a non-negotiable title, which will allow you to register it here in Ohio. Just make sure that you don't pay taxes in both states.

all of the above info is pretty accurate. This quote however depends on the state as far as how they handle the title. When I bought my G35 in Indiana, Indiana BMV had to send the "e-title" to Ohio then I had to goto a title bureau and request my e-title. I was financing it at the time so somehow the lender was involved but now I can't remember the exact details

2008 dodge durango

if its the auto trans give it a good run and see if its slipping which may be the cause of the cheap price. My buddy is on his 3rd trans in his 07ish and 2nd on his dakota which is an 02ish. why he still keeps either of them is beyond me

Trust me I am not paying anything close to sticker price. I am still trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the thing since the price is so low but the carfax came back clean so I will have to wait to see it in person.

It has been my experience that Carfax does not tell you anything inked the damage affects the title IE flood damage or severe accident causing the vehicle to be totaled. I have both purchased and sold cars that have been wrecked and Carfax showed absolutely nothing. Good luck.

Durango..... BIG GAS HOG.....I used to be a mopar fan until I drove a durango as a insurance temp vehicle. OMG that was when gas was about $2.09/ gal...... now at $3.55, I would need to go to the bank every week and get a loan to fill up that beast. See if they have a Tahoe or Blazer or Explorer. Any of them will give you better milage than that hog you're looking at.

Lucky you ! There are much better vehicles out there. The durango was a POS. The Chevy trailblazer is another....GMC envoy is nicel, but if you need a larger vehicle...you might start looking at what I'm looking at....an avalanche or an escalade. both very nice and much better gas mileage.

get a tahoe! I don't know how people daily drive large SUVs and trucks when they have to pay for gas. I would never daily drive my 2500HD if I had to pay for gas, it'd be $100 every 3-4 days