WTB: Steering Damper

Jst2fst

I'm looking to buy a steering damper for the bike. I've looked at Ohlins and GPR dampers. Ohlins afrom what I heard are good but out of my price range by far. I have no idea what other companies are out there that make them been searching the web and only found a few so far unless my search criteria is to precise. I'm looking for one that is adjustable new or used in good condition. Price is about $310 max I want to spend if possible

I called Iron Pony and they have a Daytona damper for $250 plus tax and is not adjustable and I found one from Lochart Phillips which I found on there Ebay store here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190431961313&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thanks for the help

Ive never met anybody with daytona, but a quick internet search and 250 is extremely overpriced. They can be found for about 100. I would think you get what you pay for with a steering damper. You need to join 600rr.net and check those boards for used parts. ORDN is hit or miss with parts since theres such a wide array of riders.

I paid $355 for a new gpr v4 shipped thru cycle sector. If i had the dough id get gubellini

Ive never met anybody with daytona, but a quick internet search and 250 is extremely overpriced. They can be found for about 100. I would think you get what you pay for with a steering damper. You need to join 600rr.net and check those boards for used parts. ORDN is hit or miss with parts since theres such a wide array of riders.

I paid $355 for a new gpr v4 shipped thru cycle sector. If i had the dough id get gubellini

Yea, I'm trying to not break the bank on this one already did on the new bike but worth every penny. I've been slacking on joining 600rr.net I'll do that this weekend. I was thinking about the damper from ebay but don't wanna shell out that much. I tried to search and find the daytona ones you said were like $100 where at?

Honestly I would take the bike through it's paces with some good riding before dropping the money on a damper. Im waiting to see how it does on the track before buying one. Spend the $300 on a few track days. The bike is light years past your kat and if you bought one now you prolly couldn't tell if it had an effect.

That's gotta be just the mounting kit.

but hey, if its the whole thing, buy twelve

I checked out the website and both packages look the same you might be right as the price difference is like a $300 difference.

If that's the case I'll just go with the one from ebay

I checked out the website and both packages look the same you might be right as the price difference is like a $300 difference.

If that's the case I'll just go with the one from ebay

Yeah, I actually ordered the same one you did from lockhart philips ebay site. Took a while to get it, but its as described.

That said, unless you are super clumsy with the steering on corner exit, you probably won't even notice. At least, my whore of a bike didn't.

Yeah, I actually ordered the same one you did from lockhart philips ebay site. Took a while to get it, but its as described.

That said, unless you are super clumsy with the steering on corner exit, you probably won't even notice. At least, my whore of a bike didn't.

this could also be because you notice nothing.

Thought so, I saw the description and the images conflicted thought it was the complete set.

How good are the GPR dampers?

Good, I have ran the V1's on all of my bikes. You really can't go wrong with a GPR, Scotts, Ohlins, or Pit-Bull.

also use ridemerchant.com to your advantage.

i'd stick with the big 4 that nick mentioned. although if i were to do it over again i wouldn't get ohlins because of possible crash damage with it being piston style and the rest are rotary.

Thought so, I saw the description and the images conflicted thought it was the complete set.

How good are the GPR dampers?

Older GPR versions are suspect to leakage. But the company normally fixes these with no problems.

Like jbot said it does not have a factory damper. This is a street bike only I just want to find a good cheap damper that's not gonna break the bank. I'll keep looking around to see if that good deal pops up every now and then.

Edited by Jst2fst

Honestly I would take the bike through it's paces with some good riding before dropping the money on a damper. Im waiting to see how it does on the track before buying one. Spend the $300 on a few track days. The bike is light years past your kat and if you bought one now you prolly couldn't tell if it had an effect.

this x eleventy billion

Older GPR versions are suspect to leakage. But the company normally fixes these with no problems.

Actually that is incorrect, the V1's are the bulletproof ones, the V4's were the ones that were known to leak when they first came out but I think that problem has been resolved.