piano mover needed

gen3flygirl

I was wondering if any one in the columbus area has a paino mover that they have used or if any broke college students want some easy money. My sister has a Yamaha upright piano that has been in my house for way to long. She will be moving right next door to me so the piano just needs to go down the 6 front porch steps across the small yard(maybe 30 feet) and back up 6 front porch steps. Probably wont need this done for another 2 weeks but I want the damn thing out.

search CL. There was an old guy who showed up to get mine with a beater ranger and a furniture dolly. He made it look easy.

thanks I will look into it

Will this involve you & sammich makin'??

I would be willing to provide some food,yes

I need to swap a piano from westerville to cleveland to columbus, so let me know if you find someone

will do

2 Strong guys can move an upright no problems. Especially if its only 6 steps. Used to do it all the time when I worked for a moving company.

is that an offer?!?! :D

2 Strong guys can move an upright no problems. Especially if its only 6 steps. Used to do it all the time when I worked for a moving company.

hard to generalize without seeing the piano and the guys.

I was 148 lbs in high school, and could lift the music-room piano on or off a dolly with one or two other kids.

I was 190 lbs, and a LOT stronger in college, with 3 other guys who were at least as big as i was, and we had a bitch of a time moving my parents' slightly larger, but much older piano down 3 steps from one room to another.

I think it would be judicious to have too much manpower versus too little...

hard to generalize without seeing the piano and the guys.

Nope, not hard to generalize at all. I said strong guys and I know what an upright piano is. Ive moved a bunch of them. Now if it were an upright player piano, thats a different story.

Let me add that experience has EVERYTHING to do with moving things the correct way without getting hurt.

yeah.... there are reasons I don't get along with her very well. We can barely go an entire family dinner together with out getting into some sort of argument.

sorry to hear it, i know what you mean i have a few in my family, either i give them so much shit they dont talk to me or they think they are so pompus they dont talk to me.. wait.. (lightbulb) i just realized...they dont talk to me.. that a fucking bonus..hahaha!

sammich, im sure john, matt, thomas, and I can move that thing no problem. I worked as a mover in high school you know :)

Thomas will probably be moved out by then. I am sure if you had a small fraction of the girls that you have had over come help out we would be more than set.