I-71N to I-70W in Columbus - Has anyone hit these bumps?

Jcarlson

Has anyone ever hit these bumps? I don't usually go this way but I had to today, I got on I71N from Greelawn in my Jeep and was headed out to Wilson Rd. I mereged over to the left lane that leads to I-70W. The ramp is a tight, uphill, banked left curve. Sounds primo, right? In the middle of it is a span over top of another lane - 315 South I think.

Anyway, right where the steel span meets the asphalt there is the long steel beam that runs the width of the lane. The asphalt is worn away from ontop of the steel beam and I swear it's about 4 inches deep. It runs the entire width of the lane so there is no avoiding it. It's right in the apex of a hard left leaning curve. Then to make things worse it's the same thing on the other side of the span.

I'm just saying it looked pretty nasty to me. It looks as though it would make you skip and low side out to the right. I've only been riding about three years and I don't know what I'd do if I was on my bike and hit that thing. I can't believe noone has ever lost it on that bump.

Any thoughts or previous experiences on this ramp?

Jim

• Upvote 1

yup. i live right by greenlawn so anytime i go to the west side i go that way.

same thing happens if you are coming 315 south to 70 west.

i never had any prob on my bike, but i dont go balls out through there either...

I thought I was going to lose the undercarraige of my Jeep on that thing. the one that bothers me the most, and it's nowhere near this bad is 670 E at the 5th ave curve.

Same sort of deal - left hand curve, smooth steel expansion joint right at the leading edge of the curve. I'm always worried that with a little bit of rain that sucker will become like ice and BAM down you go - broken shoulder and all!!

Has anyone ever hit these bumps? I don't usually go this way but I had to today, I got on I71N from Greelawn in my Jeep and was headed out to Wilson Rd. I mereged over to the left lane that leads to I-70W. The ramp is a tight, uphill, banked left curve. Sounds primo, right? In the middle of it is a span over top of another lane - 315 South I think.

Anyway, right where the steel span meets the asphalt there is the long steel beam that runs the width of the lane. The asphalt is worn away from ontop of the steel beam and I swear it's about 4 inches deep. It runs the entire width of the lane so there is no avoiding it. It's right in the apex of a hard left leaning curve. Then to make things worse it's the same thing on the other side of the span.

I'm just saying it looked pretty nasty to me. It looks as though it would make you skip and low side out to the right. I've only been riding about three years and I don't know what I'd do if I was on my bike and hit that thing. I can't believe noone has ever lost it on that bump.

Any thoughts or previous experiences on this ramp?

Jim

Hmm. i ride that way coming from grove city all the time.. never noticed it in that detail.. but never had a problem with it either.