3/29/11 "Top Shot" features Ruger 10/22

redkow97

I'm not an avid Top Shot watcher, but I check it out when I can. Saw the end of last night's "trick shot" episode, and saw that next week's episode has them using the exact Ruger 10/22 Carbine rifle I picked up a few months back and have close to 1,000 rounds through :D

I'm anxious to see what a truly skilled shooter can do with it compared to the hillbilly's I've seen shoot on YouTube :p

The Ruger 10/22 is one of the most sold and sought after firearms in history. It works in words perfectly. Issues can develope with them over time and neglect but they are few and far between and usually 5.00 fixes (buffer cracks or wears).

Easily modified and a great beginning rifle to start with. Both as a avid shooter and a beginning gunsmith.

possibly one of the greatest firearms ever made.

hahaha - I'm actually kind of jealous of the $99 marlin deal, but I have had a total of 2 FTE's in ~900 rounds of bulk Federal and Winchester hp's.

I'm really just anxious to see what their competition is, and then try to replicate it (at half the distance) next time I get a chance to hillbilly shoot in someone's back yard :D

I'll play that game.. Im always up for a shooting comp. Shall we say suppressed Ruger MK3 pistols at 150yds, 225yards, and 300 yards. :)

Yes this actually happened last time we were out. WaltherGSP can confirm. Granted we were shooting at puddles approximately 6ft in diameter but I hit all 3 dead center on the first shot and then did it again 2 more times. :)

The RugerMK3 is a beast !

The Ruger 10/22 is one of the most sold and sought after firearms in history. It works in words perfectly. Issues can develope with them over time and neglect but they are few and far between and usually 5.00 fixes (buffer cracks or wears).

Easily modified and a great beginning rifle to start with. Both as a avid shooter and a beginning gunsmith.

possibly one of the greatest firearms ever made.

Careful, you might get an infraction for your review! :lol:

I'm going to be in the market for a cheap plinker when the cash becomes available, and the 10/22 is on my list to consider. "Reviews" such as this have me leaning more toward the 10/22.

The 10/22 is a sweet rifle. For the value/fun factor, I still like my Marlin 795 and my Savage. After hearing about how great a .17 HMR rifle is, I did a quick Google search and found a .17 HMR semi auto pistol. I have not heard of this manufacture, but the idea is just kinda cool: ExcelArms

555_mp_red_dot.jpg

The 10/22 is a sweet rifle. For the value/fun factor, I still like my Marlin 795 and my Savage. After hearing about how great a .17 HMR rifle is, I did a quick Google search and found a .17 HMR semi auto pistol. I have not heard of this manufacture, but the idea is just kinda cool: ExcelArms

555_mp_red_dot.jpg

I've heard OF that company, but not much ABOUT them.

Careful, you might get an infraction for your review! :lol:

I'm going to be in the market for a cheap plinker when the cash becomes available, and the 10/22 is on my list to consider. "Reviews" such as this have me leaning more toward the 10/22.

if the difference between $100 and $220 isn't a big deal to you, I would say Ruger 10/22 hands down.

If that extra cash is a strong consideration, then that $99 marlin deal is pretty sweet.

the big advantage with the 10/22 is that there are accessories for it EVERYWHERE. Mags, frames, etc. The marlin is a tube-feed, no? Still a standard 10-shot, but no ability (that i'm aware of) to put a larger capacity mag on.

the big advantage with the 10/22 is that there are accessories for it EVERYWHERE. Mags, frames, etc. The marlin is a tube-feed, no? Still a standard 10-shot, but no ability (that i'm aware of) to put a larger capacity mag on.

This.

Just like ar15s everyone makes something for it.