Noob from Dayton

Wicked

I need a medium/large, but thanks for the offer.

Ugh, my MSF course isn't until June 27th... Think It'd be worth my time to try to get in on a course doing the lotto method and hoping for a no-show?

practice on back roads and parking lots until your MSF course. you will still learn quite a bit once the course comes along, and it will be easy for you to break any bad habits you have accrued over the last few months.

and +1 to not jumping on the 636 right off the bat. gs500 will be your best buddy.

I need a medium/large, but thanks for the offer.

Ugh, my MSF course isn't until June 27th... Think It'd be worth my time to try to get in on a course doing the lotto method and hoping for a no-show?

the problem is that (as I understand it) they don't reward diligence. You can show up 20 minutes early, and the person who shows up 1 minute early has an equal shot at grabbing any empty seats. They just pull names out of a hat.

At least that is how it worked for my wife. She tried to show up and take a seat early twice. No luck.

I was 2 minutes late, and my seat got taken. I told the lady (and 2 Tri-C cops) to fuck off and went and passed the test the next day.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow newb here........the MSF is a great idea, and once completed - take the advanced riders course. My wife took the MSF last year and I took the advanced course the same weekend. Advanced course was only 1 day and maybe 5 hours long - you learn some good low speed manuevering techniques and you'll save money on insurance with the completion card. Win, win!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My MSF course wasn't scheduled until 6/26 but I was able to get a spot on a walk-in yesterday. There were 6 no-shows and 6 walk-ins so no one got left out. Gonna be interesting this weekend tho with the rain coming in but I'd rather have instruction during rain than to get caught in rain unprepared

My MSF course wasn't scheduled until 6/26 but I was able to get a spot on a walk-in yesterday. There were 6 no-shows and 6 walk-ins so no one got left out. Gonna be interesting this weekend tho with the rain coming in but I'd rather have instruction during rain than to get caught in rain unprepared

MSF = Multiple Soaked Fuckers:D

Definitely gonna ride my neighbors GS for a bit. In the meantime, I'll be looking for gear. Hoping to make it to Iron Pony in the coming weeks.

Competition Assessories in Springfield off I-70 (Rt 72) is another good place to look too (although its not Iron Pony) but its only 35 mins from West Carrollton. Good for a few hour juant.

+1 again on the get as much time on the GS500 as you can before you go to the 636. Riding is a skill and it takes time to learn.

- If you can bum time on a dirtbike, that is highly recommended.

I was gonna say, I've never seen anything above 250cc for MSF supplied rides, but I guess they could use a HD Sportster, same power output. :lol:

Oh hell, I'll never hear the end of that comment.:facepalm:

Good to hear you're legal now, nothing to do but wait for this damn rain to quit so you can rack up miles!! Need to get a meet-up happening sometime this year with the western Ohio riders