Noob from Dayton

Wicked

New guy checking in. I have a little ride time under my belt from a friend's bike last fall but have not taken my MSF course yet. Soon, very soon. I was just starting to look for a bike when a friend of mine contacted me. Looks like I'll be picking up a 2006 Ninja 636 from him in April. I want to ride my neighbors GS500 for a bit yet this spring, but I can't pass up the deal. New tires, Jardine exhaust, kawi green frame, pearl white plastics, frame sliders, and a hell of a price from my friend.

Hope to meet up with some of you soon

Not yet. I've been using my neighbors helmet and gear, any recommendations are welcome. I'm heavy into the domestic car scene, but bikes is a new world to me.

Two words, Iron Pony :)

Sucks to be from Dayton. Welcome to OR. I pickup most my gear from riders discount or motorcycle-superstore.

It's not too bad in Dayton. I'm in the southern area, West Carrollton. None of that ghetto/downtown crap. I grew up on a farm in NE ohio, so, this area is so-so

Thanks for the welcome guys. Iron pony in C-bus right? May have to check it out this weekend. Can't wait to have a bike of my own. I'll post pics as soon as the plastics are painted. The bike is is Nashville TN at the moment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Iron pony in C-bus right?

Westerville road south of I-270. It's an old K-mart building full of gear and stuff. It's a great place to see what works. If your going all the way from Dayton make a day out of it so you can wander around.

Also if you intend to take an MSF class better schedule it now, they fill up fast and the savings in insurance will more than pay for it.

nice ride. I would seriously consider looking into the GS500 for a month or so before setting out on that 636 though.

too much temptation for someone used to slow-ass cars! hahaha - only joking. I still like cars; bikes are just a lot more affordable.

Be careful on the 636. The bike looks like it's in really good shape, and you want to keep it (and yourself) that way. There are a lot more ways to wreck a bike than wreck a car, and the bike makes a lot of them very easy. The GS500 would eliminate a few of those ways to wreck. it's never going to wheelie by accident or spin the rear wheel; lifting the rear wheel would be a LOT harder to do, and while it probably weighs about the same as the 636, having ridden both bikes, I can tell you right now that the 500 feels a lot lighter, and is definitely physically smaller and easier to handle.