stt is going to nelson ledges

blue03636

Wow, Monte's out and Nelson Ledges is on the schedule that quickly? I like this Richard guy already!

Yes, Richard is ON IT! Plus, a note to the owners. I have been VERY critical of the ownership over the many years. However, they have been MUCH more approachable and have been in constant contact with Richard. That means more than anything to me.

My issues always was based on the fact that it SEEMED the owners didn't care. However, they did and do. It was just something that never got back to us racers.

This is an example of the ownership showing they like motorcycles and welcome different organizations that are motorcycle based into their facility.

I think this is a great thing for both sides. STT runs a great event and has one of the best programs available. I think that being brought into Nelson Ledges is a great thing and depending on the turn out and success of the events, I believe that the owners will greatly enjoy having STT back and more often through the years!

I want to thank Richard for getting this done and thank the owners for allowing this to happen. This is a really big step and I hope we all can support it as much as we can!

Just to avoid any internet confusion, I have never had a problem with Monte or Bonnie on a personal level. I've disagreed with Monte on a few things, but he's never done anything to deserve any disrespect from me, and I hope my post wouldn't have been read that way (Monte still lurks, right?).

Any positive comments made about Richard and the new ownership group are just that. Frankly, even when Monte and I had completely polarized opinions on a given issue (or track), I don't recall him ever telling me I was "wrong," only why he disagreed with me. Plus he and Bonnie have grayhounds, so they've gotta be good people :D

Just to avoid any internet confusion, I have never had a problem with Monte or Bonnie on a personal level. I've disagreed with Monte on a few things, but he's never done anything to deserve any disrespect from me, and I hope my post wouldn't have been read that way (Monte still lurks, right?).

Any positive comments made about Richard and the new ownership group are just that. Frankly, even when Monte and I had completely polarized opinions on a given issue (or track), I don't recall him ever telling me I was "wrong," only why he disagreed with me. Plus he and Bonnie have grayhounds, so they've gotta be good people :D

Wasn't taken that way at all. Monte and Bonnie are good peeps. But, just wanted to say that Richard is on the gas and trying to open new possibilities with new partners and I think after the response from the owners of Nelson, it is looking great.

I had always viewed the issue as Monte observing a promise he made to Bob. He continued that commitment even after he died. I didn't take that Monte was incompetent in not getting STT to Nelsons in fact quite the opposite even to go so far as to view it as honorable despite possibly hurting his own bottom line. I am not the least bit surprised that STT is going there now though in fact expected it as a given that it would be happening along with the other changes.

^ I think Monte had some (legitimate) safety concerns about Nelson too, but now that you mention it, I do remember him having promised Carrol's late husband the he wouldn't book dates at Nelson.

With Todd running that show and focusing more on racing than trackdays, it seems like the timing is right.