Looking for new AR upper

Beegreenstrings

Recently parted ways with my M&P and payed off a Bill I had. Now I am wanting another, "Fun rifle".

I have been looking at a few of the Delton Uppers (even though I said I would never deal with them again). A DSA arms upper and a RRA.

Just curious what else is out there, that would be interesting to me?

here is the DSA

DSZM4CBUMID.jpg

Which I am not overly crazy about. The mid length peanut shaker would have to go, so would that faggy front gas block. Replace them with one of the new YHM quad rails (free floating) and a GG&G front flip up sight and block or even the new RRA quad rail block (but I dont care for this one)...

I have had a few items from DSA. My 24" EOP has a DSA lower and kit and I have no complaints. Quality stuff.

I just hate I cant get exactly what I want when I order it. I hate to get something and have to tear into it to make it "right".

The M&P tactical I had was nice... Almost what I wanted but the barrel was a light weight step down barrel. I want something at least full size or Larger. Mid-Bull would even be nice.

I should state when the USPSA matches start this thing will be abused severly this year. I plan on going to the championship, so it will be used damn near everyday in practice.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I was looking at theirs? I am just not impressed with the cookie cutter AR upper?

I did go with their lower. Pick it up tonight at the shop. I was waiting on it last night for 2 hours and the guy never showed up. As soon as I got home they called and said he walked in 5 minutes after I left... go figure?

A guy I talked to from GG&G wants me to shoot limited with their steels. I got to admit I am OK with steel but a lot faster with a Vortex Strike Fire.

I just need to get something on top of it so I can get to rockin it.

Mike, for stripped stuff, keep this in mind. For the most part, there are only 4 machine shops that are actually making the uppers out of a forging. They do this per each "manufacturer's specs" under a variance from the ATF for that 07 FFL. I think there was a recent thread on Arfcom that listed which ones were make at the same shops. Basically, any stag, mega, RRA, spikes, etc.... lowers are all 99% the same. The exceptions are for some of the billet stuff and the stuff thats by design non-standard.

I think I found the one I wanted. I called and talked to the Rep today :D Thanks to my local shop! he said he would personally get me exactly what I wanted, even going to stay at the same price... Dont know how he will pull that off? But he seems to think he can do it.

Do we have anyone doing duracoating?

FLOUNDER... Does Mark (SAC) do Duracoating on individual pieces? I know he does stocks? I would want the quad rail done to match the stock I got off of the King. Desert tan/Dark earth whatever they are calling it now.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I think I found the one I wanted. I called and talked to the Rep today :D Thanks to my local shop! he said he would personally get me exactly what I wanted, even going to stay at the same price... Dont know how he will pull that off? But he seems to think he can do it.

Do we have anyone doing duracoating?

FLOUNDER... Does Mark (SAC) do Duracoating on individual pieces? I know he does stocks? I would want the quad rail done to match the stock I got off of the King. Desert tan/Dark earth whatever they are calling it now.

He does cerakote for metal parts. Email him for pricing on a single part like that.

I sell pretty much every brand AR there is and I try to steer people these days towards LMT. The quality is pretty much top of the game and the price is not that much more than you would pay for RRA or Stag. If your looking for a military style rifle my opinion is dollar for dollar you cant beat LMT, and there service is awesome. I order a gun on Monday, it shows up the following week. Now if you want something more hunting oriented, or different caliber I use RRA. They have a better choice as far as uppers go, but they take almost 2 months to get anything from them because they only build guns on demand. Right now the line is about 6 weeks long.

I think that Spikes are good lowers, some of the cheaper brand lowers are cheap because of cut corners.