WTB Bike stands

BeastieSSSC

I bought these (ebay link) last year. They bent a little from rough storage but I bent it back by hand and haven't had any problems with it. They arrived new, disassembled in bubble wrap and for quite cheap (<$90 shipped for the front and rear set). They get the job done and are not fancy. Its up to you if you want to get the $400 pit bull stands which I am certain will last much longer, but at 4x the price they better!

I'll see if they sell together first, I think they would be better as a pair. The pins I have with it are the #1 & 8T. I'm getting out of the business of fixing all my friends bikes for free and want these out of my garage.

if you sell the front to brian, i would take the rear. just let me know what the price would be.

I'll give the O.P. first dibs since this is his thread and I offered them to him first. If he don't want them it will be $80 for the front & 2 pins & $60 for the rear. I don't want to ship them as they are pretty heavy and awkward to package. I live close to New Philadelphia and my office is on the Akron/Barberton border.

Stands in use for those not familiar with this type.

Marksrides325.jpg

I'd be into doing that. If you are willing to split the gas, I'd go and get them...

Let me know.

well, i'd probably beg craig to meet him or something for me and give it to me at nelson sometime since he lives close to midvale. he will make me grovel for his help since he is a merciless bastard.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm still interested in the rear. if brian no longer wants the front, pauly's arrangement would work for me as well.

maybe i'll finally get my front pin stand back from pauly now. lol

if anyone is thinking about those HF stands, I would really advise you to not get their front stand.

They don't make a true front-stand; only fork adapters for their (kinda shitty) rear stand. The steering-head style front stands are MUCH more stable, and they allow you to remove the forks if you need to. To put that in perspective, I would have been totally fucked this past week and would not be racing this weekend if I didn't have a steering-head style front stand.

My rear stand is the cheap $50 one from iron pony, and the front is a T-Rex model. I actually really like the T-Rex stuff. Pit-Bull is the best, but T-Rex is the cheapest I've found to be pretty well made. You can find good deals on them through eBay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHkDtS9we0

This Forward Handle rear stand is what I'm about to buy. It seems a lot safer since you can hold on to the bike's handle while maneuvering the stand into place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiP79pKXv_8

I like the Forklift and Converter set because it allows you to have options.

This Forward Handle rear stand is what I'm about to buy. It seems a lot safer since you can hold on to the bike's handle while maneuvering the stand into place.

I like the Forklift and Converter set because it allows you to have options.

i have a forward handle pitbull rear i would be willing to sell you. let me know if you're interested.