Anyone own a Glock 27?

Dusty1

you are correct.. it is subjective. i hold a glock and its about as comfortable as a brick. i guess thats the biggest turn off for me.

as far as inexpensive $500 is a lot to me. lightweight. sure not too much more or less than any other polymer. indestructable, i feel my pt840 will do whatever a glock can. might be wrong. 100% relaible the word on the street for what its worth is that the new g4 isn't so reliable. deadly accurate sure is... so are most others, more accurate than most shooters.. and concealablity its not even on most peoples list.

• Upvote 1

I'm either going to grab a 30sf or xdm .45 this week. Both get outstanding reviews in Gun Tests.

Dale quoted me a great price for an XDM9.

Send him a price request. It might be worth the wait.

I might just do that. I don't have a .45 for the first time in 15 years. But then I'll have to get more ammo, and then I'll have to struggle with what gun to take when the Russians/Cubans invade..... so much for my head to sort out. Ok, I'll see what he can do. Still not sure which one, but leaning towards xdm.

glad to see he was able to start getting better prices on XDs, before when he first signed up i asked him and his price that he pays to even buy them for his inventory was more than the retail price at vances lol

ill have to hit him up and get a price check on a fullsize HK45

glad to see he was able to start getting better prices on XDs, before when he first signed up i asked him and his price that he pays to even buy them for his inventory was more than the retail price at vances lol

ill have to hit him up and get a price check on a fullsize HK45

I had myself convinced Sunday that I needed a mark 23. Glad that passed.

So actually Dale is about $20 higher than Vances.

I'll still go to Dale. I usually don't care so much about service but the crotchety geezer level is too high to be ignored at Vances. OTOH Dale has a pic of himself with Lemmy on his site. That is too badass to be ignored.

Dale wins!

So actually Dale is about $20 higher than Vances.

I'll still go to Dale. I usually don't care so much about service but the crotchety geezer level is too high to be ignored at Vances. OTOH Dale has a pic of himself with Lemmy on his site. That is too badass to be ignored.

Dale wins!

I'd go up $20 to support small(er) business.

I own nothing but Glocks (I have a 31, which is my duty weapon and a 19, my back-up), but can't do the sub-compact ones as they are too small for my hand. Been carrying Glocks since 1990 and won't own anything else.

I own a full size. 40 XDM and love it...just a pain in the Ass to carry for summer. So that said I picked up a Glock 27 today...great price from vances with a military discount. I was looking at the. 40 Xdm compact but even on sale it was considerably more expensive after the miltary discount. I was also looking at the walther PK380 with the laser attached, but a single stack .380 doesn't have enough umph or capacity and relatively the same size! Im very happy with my purchase and can't wait to take it to the range.

I own nothing but Glocks (I have a 31, which is my duty weapon and a 19, my back-up), but can't do the sub-compact ones as they are too small for my hand. Been carrying Glocks since 1990 and won't own anything else.

The 26 with Pearce extensions is perfect for me. 12+1. I usually keep 17mags close for extra capacity. The 19 mag fits as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A snub-nose revolver (J-frame, etc.) is a lot easier to conceal. The curvy shape, especially with the handle, and varying thickness breaks up the outline much more. The average thickness is less, and the weight is distributed more evenly. It's easy to pocket. You'll end up carrying this a lot more, and that's the important part.

Carrying 10 rounds of .40 compared to 11 rounds of 9mm makes an easy decision on paper. But if you have to ask about a gun's shot recovery characteristics, you'll be better off with a 9. I know exactly what they are and I prefer 9mm in any form factor, because I've measured that I shoot it better. You'd be even better off with a J-frame for light days, and a G19 or commander-sized 1911 for heavier days.

Don't be one of those tough guys who carries a larger-than-9mm gun who can't run it.