Scooterific River Run June 5th 2011

Uncle Punk

Didn't I hear that Zach and Sue thought they would skip another scooter ride if one gets planned? So much hurt.

I don't think I have the mental fortitude to make another scooter ride. Don't get me wrong, I loved not worrying about if I was going in too hot to a corner, I just hated the walking pace of 30mph up any hill. I tired my poor pup out on 83 I think. LOL.

• Upvote 1

Zach rubbing hard parts, he's ready for the scooter racing circuit big time!

Scooters are fun but full throttle everywhere you go isn't much of a challenge. I think I used my brakes four times besides the stops on 60 with the exception of time following a redneck in a pickup that couldn't pick a speed.

Sue says she was afraid she was wearing hers out braking before the turns then accelerating.out of them (MSF course). She led us back on SR666...she'd been on it a coupla times before....local run for us...Popeye's in Dresden...for malts. Mike (mikexup) Musta really got bored as once we hit.60..er that be SR60 he checked.out on us.....we found him waiting at Tunnel Hill. Sue was concerned about holding folks up. Still learning she says.

I'm ready for the Resurrect Roy Ride....once he is better of course. Sue said I can use her scooter.

Watching the video...umpteenth time..I love the Vette trying to keep up with the scoots in the twisties...he of course in bright red car not realizing that UP passing by earlier had been tooting der scooter horn and hamming it up for the camera guy.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Spoke to Roy and he is on the mend. He said the adjuster is coming out Thurs and as soon as his bike is fixed he is looking forward to getting back out. Riding 555 is a blast no matter what two wheels are taking you to the next turn.

Great to hear Roy doing better. I wondered about scooter being like a one pc frame....and way to go UP Mike had so much fun out on scooter....he's selling his real bikes. He texted me..ebay. Aprilia Touno (I want it)...and his just bought NOS kawi zxr...can't have but a few hunnert miles on it....but no scooter listed for sale...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!???!!??

DVDs in der mail....Slowroller..2 for you so you & Roy won't fight over it. 17 out....and computer saved it...amazing! Enjoy the movie folks.

So mikexup...breakfast with bmw crud? Sunday is as close to any definitive with this crew.

YouTube...dvd too long for them and since I "sampled" music...that'd d be a Nixxer as well. It's only the cost of mailing a card...dude. don't t be so cheep. BUT...If ya think you can get it loaded on YouTube go for it. I've heard that before....and no one has been able to get ' em on as yet.

It would be a heck of a lot quiker than mailing 'em to an APO in the sandbox!

YouTube...dvd too long for them and since I "sampled" music...that'd d be a Nixxer as well. It's only the cost of mailing a card...dude. don't t be so cheep. BUT...If ya think you can get it loaded on YouTube go for it. I've heard that before....and no one has been able to get ' em on as yet.

It would be a heck of a lot quiker than mailing 'em to an APO in the sandbox!

I'm cheap, that's true...;) but it's more of a convienience thing -- I don't need to keep a physical DVD, I can access/share it from anywhere, I don't have to wait for it to get here, etc. I don't want your video editing talents to be limited to just us...share it with the world, or selective people without having to burn new DVDs for each person. One upload would save burning multiple copies of physical media.

The 'sampled' music isnt a big deal if you don't make the video public, and even if it is public, as long as no one complains, it'd be fine unless you plan on it going viral with 3M hits in three weeks :p

Facebook is another sharing option... I'd be more than happy to teach you how to convert it and upload it so it's a 'one and done' thing, instead of burning 8 DVDs.:)

Ain't on facebook etc no more...too many bambi, amber and molly's wanting to be my friend...molly was real persistant....all such sites dumped by me when my email got cracked....twice. so no yahoo and no gmail...even the lil' phone went nuts and started a download on Itz own. Followed by a note from someone on my phone list of SPAMMERS.

Looked last nite...50 plus minutes of raw footage and pics....then the battery went dead on camera...somewhere on 555 it quit...wished I woulda known...I coulda put it away then. Tried to load all the footage onto a master dvd...to pull from later and clear memory. Computer didn't t like that. As I said earlier.....dvd is here and now...IT folks welcome to try and put it on a site...no one that i've sent them to(in the past) has been able to do it. Belonged to various sites facebook, flicker youtube yadda yadda...all dumped when the email was compromised....ain't sure who got into it and where....so now I'm m on my third email acccount....dvd available and anyone welcome to try and find a site that it'd attach to....not a convenient application.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to seeing Roy and crew out and about....hmm say August is here...you recovered enough or at least ready?

Mike picked up a TMax....so the 3 wheeled scoot will be passed along i'd bet. Way to go UP...Mike has sold all the bikes and only has scooters!

The T-Max will be out of commission for awhile, hit a deer while out riding last week. No damage to me except a bruised foot, but the bike didn't fare as well. Didn't go down (thankfully), but the 55 mph contact did a job on the plastics. I still have the MP3 so it's not like I'm out of a ride till it's done, but the Piaggio isn't a T-Max by any stretch of the imagination. :cry: