Moving to Port Clinton this summer!

NinjaN8

Well as of right now, I am living in the Florida Keys but, I am getting stationed in Marblehead, Ohio. I'll be moving up that way this summer. I'm looking forward to finally hitting up some twisties and getting some elevation changes. Everything down here is all flat and straight. I ain't looking forward to the winters up there though. I grew up in Pennsylvania but, spent a few years living in Columbus so, I have a vague recollection of snow...

I've been riding for about 2 years now. Started off on an '05 Ninja 250R. I rode that for a year and traded up for an '08 Ninja 650R. I'm an ATGATT sort of rider... That's all I can think of for now.

Is there anyway to change where it says "Newb" underneath my screen name?

moar posts will change that.

(shhhh - no one tell him the other way...) :D

edit - just saw the A. Lincoln quote - I like.

ninja edit - You know why all Coast Guard servicemen have to be 6 feet tall? So they can walk to shore if their boat sinks....

j/k - thanks much for your service, sir!

Edited by jblosser

My dad grew up walking distance from the coast guard station. I went to high school at danbury so I know the area fairly well. It is nice in the summer but pretty much everything shuts down during the winter. If you are living in port Clinton and working in marble head learn the back roads! Tourist apparently can't read speed limit signs and like to go 20 under and depending on the season you will get stuck behind boats being moved from storage.

Welcome!

Well as of right now, I am living in the Florida Keys but, I am getting stationed in Marblehead, Ohio. I'll be moving up that way this summer. I'm looking forward to finally hitting up some twisties and getting some elevation changes. Everything down here is all flat and straight. I ain't looking forward to the winters up there though. I grew up in Pennsylvania but, spent a few years living in Columbus so, I have a vague recollection of snow...

I've been riding for about 2 years now. Started off on an '05 Ninja 250R. I rode that for a year and traded up for an '08 Ninja 650R. I'm an ATGATT sort of rider... That's all I can think of for now.

LOL, Port Clinton looks very similar to Florida in terrain. The only difference is its mostly corn and bean in OH.

Luckily the south east part of the state has some interesting riding so it is within reach.

Welcome to OR.

Craig

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Can't wait to hit up the Southeast twisties! My old lady is from near Ashland, Ky. so I'm somewhat familiar with roads down that way. Hopefully I will be able to find something more local though...

everything I remember is all flat and straight. If you find a good road up there let me know. Problem is your geriatric friends down in florida migrate up to lake erie in the summer along with all the tourist and cedar point traffic so even if there were any good roads there would be to much traffic/ idiot drivers to enjoy it. There is a bike week in Sandusky every year.

Welcome! Even though northeast ohio doesn't have the best roads, there are plenty around this area that really aren't that far from Port Clinton. If you don't mind hitting the highway to get to some stuff, I know from first hand experience you can make it on the turnpike to the Cuyahoga Valley Metroparks from their in about 55mins :D

Or if you prefer the slower scenic route, Rt 6 runs along the lake all the way to downtown cleveland

Hey Welcome!

Once you get south of I-70 the weather becomes more moderate. North of I-70, welcome to lake effect snow and ice. Its a skip and a jump down to some elevation changes and lots of twisties in the south easter part of the state. And ya gotta stop at JimBo's bar and grill on 56 in Hocking Hills. Outstanding burgers and ice cold beer.