spring riding tips and hazards to watch for

motociclista

Good suggestions and reminders in there.

BTW, I saw a better riding tips section in the tech forum. Where is the best place to post the newb questions? I've been using the daily ride area since it has more visibility.

Thanx for the link, thats a good read......and Bellboy, you can get knowledgeable attention in most every forum here, havent been here long but thus far everyone has been hella-cool to the newbs.

Just another reason I dig the atmosphere here, and folks are reasonably local to us all for hands-on help, not a LOT of sh*t talkin' either........except for those comfortable enough with one another to do so;)

I got thickskinned quick on other forums where cliques exist. Its tough to get straight answers sometimes when dix are kickin' your sack for asking.

Personally, I got nothing but good things to say about new riders that are willing to take the risks to ride the roads these days......traffic and stupidity tend to roll hand in hand everywhere we go, but to have the nuts to face it on a bike is real love for the sport. The more of us that ride, the more middle fingers for dumb cagers!!

• Upvote 1

I've been very happy since I joined the forum. I haven't caught any sh*t from anyone yet with my newbie posts but I'm sure that's just a matter of time till they get used to me and start poking some fun! Talking some sh*t is ok and can be fun, but recently I've seen at least one motorcycle forum where some newbies were getting attacked for not knowing things and or asking relatively decent questions. That is not cool and one reason I starting coming to OR. Its just a little harder to find some newbie threads because as mentioned earlier, they are sprinkled throughout the site. Nice thing about that is I get to see a lot of different topics as I look around.

On topic, I heard two radio commercials and saw a television add last night for motorcycle safety. The commercial looked like a direct clone of the one in England where a left turner pulls out in front a bike. Good to see and reminds drivers to look carefully and look twice for bikes when at intersections. Graphic enough that it might stick in their minds.