Next Bike opinions???????

ZIXXER9R

I am biased, too, because I have a Triumph, but this is a great all around bike. The torque is downright addictive. I think tall riders would like it, too, because my knees don't even touch the tank, lol! It's plenty roomy.

I think an fz1 or an sv1000 would suit you well, I'm obviously slightly biased but have ridden both and either should fit you decently and allow for plenty of "fun" riding. Also they are both available stupid cheap in modern fuel injected form. 06+ fz1 or 03-07 sv1000, either can cost you around 5k or less with low mileage(some sub-4k). Ride as many of the bikes suggested obviously and pick the one that fits you best!

I have also been considering the triumph 955i but don't know anything about them.

As others have already said, the 955 Triumphs are a good choice. They can be bought cheap, they're strong (my Speed Triple has 87k+ miles with no serious repairs), a little less cramped than the R1/ZX10R crowd, sound great, cool SSSA, etc. Of course they're not as fast or light as the R1/ZX10R crowd, either. Some have suggested the FZ1. I personally liked the first version, but that one's not fuel-injected. Gen 2, fuel-injected, I liked less. YMMV. Lots of good options out there and it's still mainly a buyer's market.