heyhey

Busarider

Ive only had it for a month.So im still feelin her out.Its also my first sportbike.So im gettin used to the speed buildn confidence and so on....Im still tryin to get the balls up to get it past 150.I dont even know what kickin it sidewards at 140 means.

But I can say I love it.Very addicting and scary.But like I said tryin to learn and be disciplined and not push it to hard right now.Baby steps.

:nono: Hopefully you don't hurt or kill someone else when you wreck it.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site

1st bike? Have fun but you'll never know how to rail or handle that bike to its full potential unless you rode smaller for years and even done a track day. Enjoy the constant growth block as good as u can safely. When u think u r riding it well and can work that bike to its full potential let me know so i can tell u that u can't, you just think u can.

1st bike! You bought for the cool factor and not right reason. :nono: Be careful.

he said first sport bike - did he actually say its his first bike though?

maybe hes been riding for awhile or something and just now decided to step up for a bigger bike.... a 2011 busa doesnt sound cheap, and usually the people who buy them as status symbols, cant afford a brand new one

Still bad choice for 1st sportbike IMO.

I'm also talking from experience. My 1st purchase ever was a zx12r. Sold it after a few months because I knew it was holding me back. Bought a 600 and killed it for years before I got a big bike. I would be about half the rider I am now if I never did that. I'm sooo glad I did. Now I can appreciate a big beast on 2 wheels and USE it.:cheers:

Welcome to OR! Busa's aint a bad choice, just dime a dozen compared to the BIG Ninja - I looked at a couple before I saw a ZX14 and it was over from there - I couldnt resist.......there's just no replacement for displacement;)

Congrats on buying a hypersport, that bike's only a suspension tune and good set of sticky tires away from carving up the twisties and trackdays.....

No worrys ninja.Ive never been one for following the crowd I wanted to go sport and figured why not go big I didnt want to get something smaller and wish I went bigger.Anyways I knew I was in over my head with this but im tryin to take it slow.I know I got alot of learnin to do.But I am havn alot of fun.I dont think Il ever go back to cruisers.

geez... I'm about as cynical as a person has right to be, and even I think a lot of this is pretty harsh.

As the OP is finding out, cruiser experience doesn't fully prepare you for the power of a large sportbike - but it's not like everyone here was born dragging a knee and accustomed to 160+ hp at the wheel.

the comment about doing 150 is asinine, but otherwise everyone's putting words in his mouth about cornering low, etc...

welcome to the site. Hopefully you stick around past your intro thread.

geez... I'm about as cynical as a person has right to be, and even I think a lot of this is pretty harsh.

As the OP is finding out, cruiser experience doesn't fully prepare you for the power of a large sportbike - but it's not like everyone here was born dragging a knee and accustomed to 160+ hp at the wheel.

the comment about doing 150 is asinine, but otherwise everyone's putting words in his mouth about cornering low, etc...

welcome to the site. Hopefully you stick around past your intro thread.

Ditto. Lots of asshats on here lately. You'd think it has been raining for two weeks solid or something. :lol:

Welcome aboard. Enjoy, and don't take anything seriously here. The biggest assholes are also the biggest pansies.

Still bad choice for 1st sportbike IMO.

I'm also talking from experience. My 1st purchase ever was a zx12r. Sold it after a few months because I knew it was holding me back. Bought a 600 and killed it for years before I got a big bike. I would be about half the rider I am now if I never did that. I'm sooo glad I did. Now I can appreciate a big beast on 2 wheels and USE it.:cheers:

So true I called spare parts start off small like a harley 883