leather care

Bluezx6r

I would respectfully disagree my friend. Just because it worked for you (during this period of time), does not mean it proves the theory wrong.

I think it proves it wrong. How many miles and years do you want until it is for you then? 10? 20? 30? 40? 50? 60? 70? Until death do us part?

in general, if Todd Cooperider, one of the top detailers in the country (think top 10...yes ten), who happens to be in Columbus says to use something...then it's worth the shot

how to use Leatherique

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/leatherique-leather-care-how-to/

the results are nothing short of stellar on leather

Todd is absolutely ridiculous talented. One of my friends is a pretty good detailer and everything hes ever learned has pretty much come from Todd

Yeah, it seems like work and more for non-jacket material. I'm going to try that Lexol.

Leaterique is a very very good product however I think its best used on soft leather, the kind you will find for car interiors. Lexol seems better for the harder leathers much like you'll find in motorcycle gear. I don't think you can go wrong with either product though

i use mink oil. its used to keep horse saddles nice and neat for years and years. it keeps my leathers soft and clean, it also waterproofs, to an extent. i usually apply one coat a year. i have had my leather jacket for 4 years now and it still looks and feels brand new. i know a guy who has had a horse saddle since 1970 something and mink oil is the only thing he has used to keep it clean and in tact. the thing still looks brand new.

• 1 year later...

ZOMBIE THREAD!

ok all... I gots my first leather. Icon Overlord white leather jacket. It's pretty badass. It came in with something fine and gray rubbed in some areas, but it rubs off. I plan to start by wiping it down with a wet rag, then some sort of leather care product.

Did some searching, and some reading. Found pretty much the same stuff on sportbikes.net as well.

I've got lemon pledge, nikwax fabric and leather waterproofer, nikwax leather footwear conditioner, granger footwear waterproofer, and saddle soap on hand. Saddle soap is made for leather, so I'm leaning toward using that to start.

it's also the thickest, and will probably last longer than anything else. After it gets dirty again, I may go to pledge, mainly because I love the smell.

it's bad. I started using it on my bike, and now I'm addicted to the stuff.

Any other ideas? I'm too cheap to go buy anything else when I've got an arsenal here already.