Which came first the state or the federal government?

crb

Did the federal create the states or the states create the federal?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Did the federal create the states or the states create the federal?

• The states created the fedeal government.
    • The federal government created the states.

clicked on page 3 and scrolled down real fast so that I wouldn't see other's answers.

I would say the States came first. They then joined as the UNITED STATES .

Now, the real question to mull over is chicken or egg.... can't have one without the other...so which came first if that is even possible.

clicked on page 3 and scrolled down real fast so that I wouldn't see other's answers.

I would say the States came first. They then joined as the UNITED STATES .

Now, the real question to mull over is chicken or egg.... can't have one without the other...so which came first if that is even possible.

Egg. You did not specify if it was a chicken egg. Dinosaurs laid eggs therefore the egg came first.

Egg. You did not specify if it was a chicken egg. Dinosaurs laid eggs therefore the egg came first.

so dinosaurs lay eggs..... like chickens...... and the first dinosaur came from where ??? an egg maybe..... which was laid by ?????

I don't know what you mean, if what you're saying is ignorant and stupid then why waste time conversing with you.[/quote

Exactly I brought facts to the table he resorts to name caring (troll) because he couldn't argue the facts. Supreme court has decided what natural born is and his messiah doesn't qualify. He has his mind made up and the facts will not get in the way. I don't have patience for Obama bot zombies they will never see the light so I ignored him which is hilarious because he keeps posting here trying to stir me up which won't happen.

My next question to everyone is.

What form of government do we have?

I'm amazed so many schools teach it wrong!

The USA is a Republic and to be more specific....a constitutional republic

I dunno what laid it, but I know it was in Kenya.

you're probably right ... but what the hell happened so that it ended up in Washington, DC ? and why the hell do we have to suffer because of it.

(my) answer to the poll question: neither answer is correct - the question is specious in the way that it's worded.

the second question (form of government - constitutional republic) has already been answered correctly.

(my) answer to the poll question: neither answer is correct - the question is specious in the way that it's worded.

the second question (form of government - constitutional republic) has already been answered correctly.

You are correct I could have worded the first question better. The point is the colonies(states) created the federal government. Its amazing how many people believe we live in a democracy and the federal government create the states. We do elect our government officials through a democratic procedure, but we do not live in a true democracy. 51% of the people dont get anything they want we have constitional limits. Someday it feels like mob rule because the federal government operates outside of their 18 enumerated powers.

Without looking at the other answers I wil say the states were first...there really was no federal government in the early days of colonization. Wasn't the federal government set up to help regulate interstate commerce, land disputes, and for military protection (national militia) purposes originally??

You are correct I could have worded the first question better. The point is the colonies(states) created the federal government. Its amazing how many people believe we live in a democracy and the federal government create the states. We do elect our government officials through a democratic procedure, but we do not live in a true democracy. 51% of the people dont get anything they want we have constitional limits. Someday it feels like mob rule because the federal government operates outside of their 18 enumerated powers.

"Neither" wasn't a poll option, so you suck at making polls. Also, every poll on Ohio Riders must have a "Hookers and blow" option. :nono:

Your cousin is white? :wtf:

Ouch! :lol: on many levels!

• 2 weeks later...

When it was apparent that the Articles of Confederation were a failure, the States agreed to form a Constitutional Convention and meet EXTRA Legally and form the current Government.

However, the term "States" did not become official until July 4th 1776. AFTER the colonies had come together to form the 2nd Continental Congress.. So, a Government did form the States, just not the current Government.