Central: Attention drunks - DUI Checkpoint - Friday 29 April

jblosser

If you get caught, A) you're a jackass for driving drunk :nono: and B) you were warned, and thus a jackass for not heeding the warning. :nono:

DUI checkpoint planned for Groveport tonight

Friday, April 29, 2011 12:46 PM

The Columbus Dispatch

The State Highway Patrol, Groveport police and the Franklin County DUI Taskforce will run a sobriety checkpoint tonight on S. Hamilton Road in Groveport.

The checkpoint will be set up in front of Groveport Madison High School at 4475 S. Hamilton Rd.

It is scheduled to run from 9 p.m. to midnight.

Where's the resident (real) lawyer?

I wonder if they have to publish the locations as a "legal notice" so people can't claim that the mandatory stop is a violation of due process.

i'm too lazy to look it up.

from the officers on scene of a DUI check point that is the exact reason.

They used to do a checkpoint at the corner of a major intersection where my fraternity house was about 2 buildings away from us 3-4x a year. Naturally we would make some fun out of it and break out lawn chairs and coolers and bs with the cops while they ran the check point. They appreciated us having non-alcoholic beverages and snacks so they let us slide with our "gatorades". Its actually a pretty good time watching :D