Help me, im stupid.

Jamez

My speedo recently went out on my TT600. Ive tested the sensor and found I have power and a good ground but no signal. I've looked around and found that its kinda common for the magnetic speed sensor on the front wheel to break.

I'm pretty sure the sensor is bad and needs replaced ( 175.00 ). It will be a few weeks before I get it snail mail but here's my question.

One of the nicest guys on Ohio riders let me use his bike jack but it seems there's not a good place to jack under the bike.

Is it ok to jack the entire bike up on the exhaust? I don't see many options here. My 4clinder pipes run out of the front and route directly under the oil sump ( slightly offset ).

Even the oil filter is mounted between the exhaust pipes...so how am I supposed to lift this thing without damaging it?

I can't use a front wheel sport bike stand cause I need to pull the front wheel off. I'm trying to use a 4 wheel flat jack made for bikes from harbor freight.

Help me, apparently I'm stupid

Thanks

I'm trying to use a 4 wheel flat jack made for bikes from harbor freight.

You can put stuff on the jack to that lines up with good lift points. for example on my Nomad I use that jack and put 4 hockey pucks...one on each corner so they hit the frame exactly where I want to lift it. So find the lift points you want to use...and build something that would allow the jack to hit there. Might want to hit the message boards that are specific to your bike, someone has already done what you are trying to do. Delphi Forums has a message board for every bike out there.

Another option is to lift it from above..chain-falls for example. Secure them to the top of your garage on some good beams and then grab the bike with some straps.

Since you're borrowing equipment, couldn't you just take off the exhaust if its a problem? :dunno:

You should get a stand that raises the bike from the lower triple clamp like IP said if you plan on doing more work yourself. It will look like this:

vortexfrontstand.jpg

I bought a front stand from MotoSport.com - Yanashiki brand that has plastic tipped legs that sit inside the bottom fork adjusters - cost me $55 shipped and picked up a universal rear stand from Harbor Freight for under $25.

The front stand won't interfere with front tire removal at all and it's cheaper than a PitBull front stand

I can't use a front wheel sport bike stand cause I need to pull the front wheel off. I'm trying to use a 4 wheel flat jack made for bikes from harbor freight.

Help me, apparently I'm stupid

Thanks

what do you think those are made for? a lift like the one you are trying to use is for a bike with a full frame under the engine.

DO NOT lift your bike by it's headers or it's oil pan

speedometers are for girls anyway. real men know how fast they are going by the feel of the wind in their beard.

:lol:

they quit making stands. that's what I have.

I did not know that. Hmmm.

Oh and Jamez, they lift from the bottom of the forks most of them and to remove the wheel you don't take the forks off, you take the axle out which the stand has nothing to do with. You take off the caliper by pulling out the caliper bolts and slide it off the rotor. Then you take your socket(motion pro has a good universal one) and loosen up axle. Then you loosen up the bolts at the end of the forks to release the tension on the axle, then slide that damn thing out and the wheel drops. Repeat for installation.

I've spent oodles of money lately so the wife is not down with me buying a new bike stand along with a new sensor and all the other garbage I've purchased recently. So...

I have a olympic weight bench with towers and squat station so I'm using the weight bench squat station and bar with ratchet straps to lift the bike.

Seems to work very well and is very stable, I may be stupid but atleast I'm inventive! Lol

Thanks for the suggestions