custom holsters?

Steve Butters

anyone know of any good places that can make custom holsters? i ordered a Viridian C5L for my gun which means my MTAC will no longer work (keeping it incase i ever switch the C5L to a different gun - which is likely in the future) but ide like to find another holser that fits my gun properly instead of a generic one

theres a guy doing one for some people on an HK forum now - i might give him a call but he specializes in appendix holsters, which isnt what i want....

looking for a place i can ship my laser to and have them build the holster around it and the firearm itself

comptac cant do it, raven makes one but theres a weird note about fitment on my model and they havent responded to my emails, and blade tech hasnt responded either

so im down to calling the one guy the others are using, or finding someone else....just thought ide ask and see what other people do

raven makes them for this specific light, but their note says the p2000sk and the hk45c can only use certain ones

so i emailed to see if they can make one fit....still waiting to hear back...dont see why not, the p2000 and uspc arent that much bigger than the sk...ill see what they say

and which tod? is that his s/n? does he work for raven or something?

I would say something snarky like "learn to shoot iron sights", but...

The Raven for the HK shows it for the Streamlight lights, not Viridian. They can't be that far off; same thing, basically.

You could do it yourself, and maybe find you're good at it and enjoy it.

Knifekits.com has Kydex, Concealex, leather, and/or most anything else you'd need.

Here's a nice how-to writeup (click)

raven makes them for this specific light, but their note says the p2000sk and the hk45c can only use certain ones

so i emailed to see if they can make one fit....still waiting to hear back...dont see why not, the p2000 and uspc arent that much bigger than the sk...ill see what they say

and which tod? is that his s/n? does he work for raven or something?

Uncle Punk. He may or may not be able to help. Ill text him and tell him to check this thread out.

After owning multiple examples of what the Germans are supposed to be good at - guns and cars - I've decided to KISS it goodbye.

Sell your HK. I've owned 3 (P2000, HK MK23, P2000SK) and a 3-series BMW. Their designs look great on paper, feel great on the honeymoon, and I have a soft spot in my heart for what they pour their little souls into, but they don't compete well against more sensible options. The more you shoot, the more you will see how superior Glocks and M&Ps are to HKs. Everybody does, and that's why you see no one successfully compete with HKs. It can't be done. Even the magical integrally suppressed MP5 is a "clickity-clickity-click-click-clat" "hold on - we need a time out to change mags" POS that favors the paper engineering of a roller-locked operating mechanism over the way that anybody else does it.

The money you just saved from this endeavor bought you a pair of nice MC gloves or boots, which are a lot more likely to protect you when the going gets tough.

If you insist on wielding a laser, I suggest that you attach it something usefully compact, like a J-frame. I rock the two-finger CTs on my 642, and there is nothing demonstrably better in its class.

BANG,

That's your opinion and your welcome to it. I disagree and so does the secret service and us navy seals...but to each their own. My hk fires amazing, so smooth, accurate, all around a great gun. HK has a pro team setup and they are competing this year...i think with a p30. I have no doubt that glock xd mp etc are all just as good and reliable, but I like the hk personally so that's what I got. Sorry you had bad experiences with them, if you go on hk site you see same complaints about glock xd mp etc etc....no gun is perfect and some people like some guns more than others.

UP thanks for the PM! Responded to you.

Jeff the light/laser is mainly for nightstand use...once I get my hk45 it'll be a nightstand gun and go on there...for now it'll be on the sk....also they make holsters for hks with viridian, C5L is listed so if I had a usp or something I could order it right from sight, so I'm assuming they can make what I need...if not I think uspc and p2k holsters would work

Edited by Steve Butters

Two things:

1)

and they havent responded to my emails

You sent your email to RCS 11:13am on May 9th. This thread was posted at 8pm that evening. While technically correct that we hadn't yet responded to your email, your post gives the impression to the public that you're being ignored. Considering there were only 6 business hours available for us to send a reply before your post here, I think we're still well within a reasonable time frame to get back to you, the customer.

Your post also says "emails," but only one email was sent.

To answer your question, yes we can build for the P2000 and C5L. The information on the product description is old info that hasn't been updated since we added the C5L to our product line. I apologize for the confusion.

Any further questions, please ask.

2)

I disagree and so does the secret service and us navy seals(sic)...

Secret Service and the SEALS use Sigs, not HK's. :p

Edited by TomF

What do the seals and secret service use? I have heard many people say they use (insert brand here) Anyone here have proof as to what any of them use?

It changes based on team/mission/etc. As a default, Secret Service uses 229's and SEALS use 226's.

"Here's a current pic of a DEVGRU "Assaulters" kit.....

MP7, HK416 w/ AAC can, HK45CT, P226R and P239"

sealkit.jpg

accompanied quite nicely by an HK45CT, MP7, and an HK416 ;) ....supposedly a legit pic, but theres some debate...either way - other various pics of seals will confirm the hk416 and mp7, the debate is wether or not they actually have the HK45CT - which supposedly replaced the MK23

and an order request from SS for MP5s

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=5f1d82d4f56c2ef905342a0ba67ec7f8&tab=core&tabmode=list

either way - HK has a proven track record with military and police from around the world. thats enough peace of mind for me to feel safe carrying one. like i said, i have nothing against glock or m&p or xd etc, but to say every HK is junk is not something i personally believe. The only other manuf. ive seen that actually keeps up with them on the handgun front for reliability and shootability is glocks, and im just not a fan of the fit and finish of glocks. and theres a reason their long guns are used globally...because they work, even the "clickity clack" mp5.....just my opinion, and my choice what to carry.....im not gonna put anyone down for liking their XD or M&P better, this is just the direction i chose to take, and my next gun will be a fullsize HK as well.

Edited by Steve Butters

Two things:

1)

You sent your email to RCS 11:13am on May 9th. This thread was posted at 8pm that evening. While technically correct that we hadn't yet responded to your email, your post gives the impression to the public that you're being ignored. Considering there were only 6 business hours available for us to send a reply before your post here, I think we're still well within a reasonable time frame to get back to you, the customer.

Your post also says "emails," but only one email was sent.

To answer your question, yes we can build for the P2000 and C5L. The information on the product description is old info that hasn't been updated since we added the C5L to our product line. I apologize for the confusion.

Any further questions, please ask.

2)

Secret Service and the SEALS use Sigs, not HK's. :p

"emails" was a typo, i must have put the s thinking about all the emails i had sent out to various companies....i sent 5 or 6 out yesterday, my mistake.

as for acting ignored, my PM i responded back with to UP says "i just emailed yesterday so they might have just had a busy day" ...in no way am i trying to pretend that you guys have been putting anything off. i didnt think it came out that way in my post, but to each their own i guess :dunno: when i said im down to calling the guy the others are using or finding someone else, i was simply meaning covering all bases...hence why i emailed all companies at once instead of one at a time....just covering all the bases until i found which companies can do it for me

appreciate the responce here and in the email - sorry for the confusion and for my post apparently coming off in a way other than how i meant it

Raven takes great pride in their customer support and when I contacted Tom last night after business hours basically telling him he wasn't keeping up with his correspondence it might have not settled with him too well especially knowing he was as current as could be expected with the heavy workload Raven is experiencing. I did convey to him that you referred to sending "emails" as in plural on here and hope that nothing gets blown out of proportion over a simple misunderstanding.

You won't find a better rig for what you are asking about than a Raven custom holster and I don't endorse things without knowing what I'm talking about. I am a supplier to Raven and the guys built me a holster when we started doing business which is currently the only one I use for carrying. All of the guys at Raven are really good guys even if some of them are ugly.

Operators can draw upon a fairly wide variety of weapons, to meet the needs of a mission. Generally it will be weapons that have been tested thoroughly and found acceptable for use. Weapons used, are modified as required. Personal weapons can be almost anything, but still tend to be from the ranks of acceptable weaponry.

And yes, Sig Sauer is pretty high on the list.

edit: Here's a list of what personal weapons are admitted to being commonly used by seal teams, circa 2005.

Beretta M9 9mm

Colt M1991A2 .45acp

Heckler & Koch P7M13

Sig Sauer P226 9mm

S&W revolver 357mag

(H&K) MK23 MOD .45acp offensive handgun with suppressor and laser aiming module

Edited by ReconRat

Raven takes great pride in their customer support and when I contacted Tom last night after business hours basically telling him he wasn't keeping up with his correspondence it might have not settled with him too well especially knowing he was as current as could be expected with the heavy workload Raven is experiencing. I did convey to him that you referred to sending "emails" as in plural on here and hope that nothing gets blown out of proportion over a simple misunderstanding.

You won't find a better rig for what you are asking about than a Raven custom holster and I don't endorse things without knowing what I'm talking about. I am a supplier to Raven and the guys built me a holster when we started doing business which is currently the only one I use for carrying. All of the guys at Raven are really good guys even if some of them are ugly.

Have it added up in my cart on their website right now....sucks how much the modular attachments cost, but its better than buying separate holsters for each type of carry lol.... the entire setup comes to $117 for OWB and IWB configuration, which isnt bad at all...i think ill see how the direction of this thread goes before placing my order though. As you could tell in my PM to you - i was in no way saying that i had been neglected, and i would happily post that PM here for everybody to see (note - the PM was sent before Tom posted in this thread)....like i said, i made a typo with "emails" which is my fault...i sent out so many yesterday i got mixed up... i had 3 or 4 going back and forth with comptac, i had emailed raven and blade tech, i had emailed viridian and emailed galco directly after i made this thread, i also was debating emaling Dale Fricke because he is doing some for other members on an HK forum right now.....i had a lot of emails coming in and out yesterday, and i made a typo...my bad

and i never asked anyone to contact him after hours....i sent my email through their contact site and was waiting on a response....nothing more nothing less, its not like i made a thread "raven is ignoring me - does anyone have their cell phone number so i can interrupt their dinner?" ....while i appreciate the help received from UP - i didnt request him to contact this guy at times other than business hours, nor did i know he was even able to....i simply put that i had emailed and was awaiting a response

Edited by Steve Butters