Tuned my first BMW S1000RR

DTM Brian

I was just going to say that... wow.

The take off in any gear has got to be impressive.

Brian, have you ever worked with TuneBoy?

I have had several people tell me they were going to bring me a bike with tuneboy. I have looked at the software and looks very simple and easy to use. Hopefully I will get to do one this year.

very nice!! did you do a baseline for comparison?

Yes and No. The map that was in the bike was a joke. A/F was super rich under part throttle and lean lean lean under WOT. I did not make a WOT pull until several runs into the tuning until I got the A/F around 13.0. Keep in mind this bike is drive by wire. The bike does not see WOT until 8000 rpm's. If you notice in the graph the A/F gets smooth around half way into the run. A/F is 13.0 and ends up at 12.9 at the end of the run. Once I was done with 100% throttle I did the rest of the throttle position range.

60% to 100% = 13.0 A/F Target

40% = 13.5 A/F Target

20% = 13.9 A/F Target

15% = 14.0 A/F Target

0% to 10% = 14.4 to 14.6 A/F Target

sounds like a mess....glad you got it smoothed out! those are some nasty bikes...189 wheel with just exhaust and tune, very impressive. is this guy on the board? i know we have 2 or 3 of them on here now

Williamstown, WV

Owner did a google search for bike dynos in Ohio and found several threads on this forum about me.

If/When I get new exhaust for my Daytona, I'll most definitely be bringing it by.

Triumphs work from the factory with Tuneboy and TuneECU, save the money on a PC and spend it on a custom tune!

Even with these bikes you need a good rider. Its funny. I smoked some guy on one of these at the track last friday 3 out of 4 times. and the 4th time i red lighted.

Even with these bikes you need a good rider. Its funny. I smoked some guy on one of these at the track last friday 3 out of 4 times. and the 4th time i red lighted.

i would hope if a 98 GSXR 750 could take it then a 1100 could too :rolleyes: