Looking for a second bike in the stable

OhioBob

I think any sportbike will suffice. 1k is too much power on the street. Mine can break every speed limit in the USA in first gear. I truly under estimated the power. As do a lot of people going from a cruiser to a sport bike. Just Google search for when the host of pinks wrecks a gsxr.

I guess I am looking for a lighter bike that is more fun to flick around in the corners and twisties on a nice day than my VTX1300C, but can get out of the corners and off the line quick like my VTX.

VTX1300C -- 76 hp 680lb, 1/4 mile 13.72sec @94mph

Pretty much any 600CC and large sport or naked will out accelerate that, not to mention the better cornering.

For instance my very modest adventure bike

DL650 Vstrom -- 64hp 430lb, 1/4 mile 12.52@101mph

Nearly any sporty bike will do better.

I'm not recommending this bike just pointing out that your requirements may not require a liter+ bike.

Craig

CBBaron,

Thanks for pointing that out. My VTX1300C is more like 600lbs after replacing the stock pipes. It started out around 640lbs...less due to smaller fenders.

As for the search for a liter bike is because I am big guy, 6'2" 220lbs+. I was a paratrooper/air assault in the Army back in the 90's. Not saying I can handle a liter bike, since I have never road one, but just saying I'm not sure a 600cc will have the umph to get my big structure moving quickly.

Alot of these sportbikes seem to be geared toward jockey type body structures. I can only wish that was true in my case. So, I am in search for a sport bike (or naked bike with sportbike performance) made for bigger people.

Yes, I have thought about a FZ1, but I hate the look of the half fairing. Now Yamaha has the new FZ800, which may be the sweet spot. So, I am dying to demo one of those. Hopefully, really soon.

Thanks again to all.

OhioBob

Edited by OhioBob

CBBaron,

Thanks for pointing that out. My VTX1300C is more like 600lbs after replacing the stock pipes. It started out around 640lbs...less due to smaller fenders.

As for the search for a liter bike is because I am big guy, 6'2" 220lbs+. I was a paratrooper/air assault in the Army back in the 90's. Not saying I can handle a liter bike, since I have never road one, but just saying I'm not sure a 600cc will have the umph to get my big structure moving quickly.

Alot of these sportbikes seem to be geared toward jockey type body structures. I can only wish that was true in my case. So, I am in search for a sport bike (or naked bike with sportbike performance) made for bigger people.

Yes, I have thought about a FZ1, but I hate the look of the half fairing. Now Yamaha has the new FZ800, which may be the sweet spot. So, I am dying to demo one of those. Hopefully, really soon.

Thanks again to all.

OhioBob

i disagree. I've had a 600,636 and now an 800 which is slower than both those. I'm 5'11" 235 and all of them have had plenty of speed, yes enough to blow away any 1300 cruiser

I'm 6'4 230 and ride a 600. Don't know if I can find a roomy sport bike (vstrom :) ). But my 600 is all and way more power than I need. These bikes are fast when ridden properly. You'll be fine with anything.

Fz8 I like.