Looking for a cruiser...

DangBruhY

define "cheap." I consider cheap to be less than $3k, but others will suggest bikes in the $5-6k range for "cheap."

"enough power" really isn't all that specific either. an old Maxim 650 will do highway speeds and has a fair amount of torque, but I wouldn't call that "enough" for routine 2-up rides or long trips.

I'm selling an '04 Suzuki Volusia 800 with about ~7000 miles on it. Asking $2500. LMK if you want pics.

Scruit seems like a guy who would take care of his toys. Sounds like a pretty good option to me.

Scruit seems like a guy who would take care of his toys. Sounds like a pretty good option to me.

heck of a deal too. My buddy bought his 01 Volusia last year with more miles for 3k

I would prolly part with my Shadow 750 for around $4k......It is not stock at all

21" HD front wheel

Mapam forwards

V&H pipes

CP fatty t-bars with internal wiring

Polished control boxes, trees, lowers

New Metzlers front and rear.

Stainless Cables and brake lines

Lowered 2" in the rear

HD LED signals and brake lights

Shaved and frenched rear fender

new synthetic oil, and K&N air filter.

Comes with upgraded Valkyrie pillion seat, quick detach windscreen, and a backrest.

bike has been babied, never been down, and serviced every year. All work/ paint has been done by myself and a friend. I ride it all summer, and have no doubt about this bike. It has been on the Dragon, and has the scars on the bottom of the frame and the pipes to prove it. I have my eye on a Road King in Cali that a friend of a friend owns, and if this sells, I am buying a plane ticket. Not desperate to sell, but if if happens, so be it. Bike gets 52 mpg....look at my gallery for photos

Here's the thread for my Volusia, has all the pics. You won't get this much bike from a dealer for anything close to this money.

http://ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=75216&highlight=Volusia

If you want specific pics / angles or detail then let me know. Mileage is a little higher than in the pic, but only by a hundred or so.

The thread stated $3k, but I'm now asking $2500. Not much wiggle room at that, becuase I still ride the bike and it's worth that much to me to keep it.

Selling it because I just bought a V-strom a couple months ago. Selling it cheap because of recent medical bills.

Everything is put on hold for a while... Some major life changes might happen, so I have to see how everything plays out before I purchase anything. I've gotten a lot of good info and some bikes I should look at. If/when I decide to buy, I'll check to see if any of these bikes are still for sale.

Thanks everyone.