carry in bars?

ohiozx3

Speaking of fixing...

How's the SV?

Dude... all this time it was just a bad f*(king tank of gas -- I think some condensation got in there, somehow, even after filling the tank to the brim. It was the tank I filled from last October, and I've never had to put Stabil or anything in either tank before (the Hayabusa started right up and ran great).

Granted, I put 87 in the SV and 93 in the Hayabusa, but 87 is what the manual calls for in the SV -- and they were both in my dining room all winter, so it's not like they were getting thermal cycles.

So, after buying $60 worth of ratchet extensions and $15 worth of spark plugs that I didn't need after all (but it's got new plugs now -- bonus), I put 2 gallons of 93 in the tank along with some fuel injector cleaner and it's been running fine since, as the 'old gas' burns off.

I knew what bad gas felt like on the Hayabusa, but not in the vtwin bike, but I suppose the symptoms were similar... the Hayabusa just took it a lot better than the twin.

Dude... all this time it was just a bad f*(king tank of gas -- I think some condensation got in there, somehow, even after filling the tank to the brim. It was the tank I filled from last October, and I've never had to put Stabil or anything in either tank before (the Hayabusa started right up and ran great).

Granted, I put 87 in the SV and 93 in the Hayabusa, but 87 is what the manual calls for in the SV -- and they were both in my dining room all winter, so it's not like they were getting thermal cycles.

So, after buying $60 worth of ratchet extensions and $15 worth of spark plugs that I didn't need after all (but it's got new plugs now -- bonus), I put 2 gallons of 93 in the tank along with some fuel injector cleaner and it's been running fine since, as the 'old gas' burns off.

I knew what bad gas felt like on the Hayabusa, but not in the vtwin bike, but I suppose the symptoms were similar... the Hayabusa just took it a lot better than the twin.

I've heard that those twins can be tempermental bitches. :nono:

Glad you got it all sorted out. I must've just missed seeing the "fixed" update.

Thanks. I'm gonna run a few tanks worth of 93 in it just to be safe... but that's what got me in trouble on the Hayabusa. I grabbed some 93 out in bumf*(k nowhere (DTC Castle ride) and I after I got home with the issue I was reading how that's a bad move since most people in the middle of BFE don't usually get the 93, so it sits in the underground tanks for a LONG time -- you're better off filling up with 87 and not riding the dog piss outta the bike since the 87 gets refilled more often.

So, now I've been boned by 87 and 93 octane in two different machines.

Edited by JRMMiii

FYI the problem I had ay OFCC was I am pro open carry per Ohio law where as OFCC is very anti open carry. I left there because people like you Justin that can't agree to disagree. You may now spew you liberal BS. I'll find another forum to hang my hat that is open to other peoples opinion. BTW you started the name and sarcastic BS. You win because I don't have patience to put up with your BS.

Nobody here likes Justin. You're definitely not the minority here.

Seriously guys, you all need to chill.

• Upvote 1

So, now I've been boned by 87 and 93 octane in two different machines.

Wait, you like to be boned right.

I visited OFCC to see what it was like and decided not to join, its so white bread over moderated that I wouldn't have lasted there long at all. I have never seen a reasonable debate take place there and haven't visited in quite a while. I figured that out buy getting to know the site before deciding if I wanted to join or not. Maybe someone should take that advice before joining any site.

If this is a liberal site that's news to me, I highly doubt there are any more conservative people than I am on this site yet I can exist with others whose views are different. This site might be moderated a little too much for my liking but I have learned to live with that. (Don’t challenge me on this point unless you have participated in a site with no rules.) If you don't have thick enough skin to argue with the brain dead liberals here then the internet probably isn't the place for you.

Our guest did surmise something correct though but it’s a pretty easy one to figure out, Todd and Justin are pole smokers.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you had a seperation issue. It was a pretty common occurance for awhile. Since all gas now has a certain percent of ethanol in it we were having a problem with the petroleum and the ethanol seperating. Its pretty much fixed at this point and they got it back to normal. We had it happen to us and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. we had to call up the transport company and they came back and pumped out about 8 thousand gallons and replaced it.

I don't see it as a victory pole so much as it's a list of people that probably don't have the communication skills to be on socially interactive sites on the interwebz.

Sounds like you had a seperation issue. It was a pretty common occurance for awhile. Since all gas now has a certain percent of ethanol in it we were having a problem with the petroleum and the ethanol seperating. Its pretty much fixed at this point and they got it back to normal. We had it happen to us and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. we had to call up the transport company and they came back and pumped out about 8 thousand gallons and replaced it.

See, it was all kawikid's fault, like I said all along ;)

Edited by JRMMiii

I don't see it as a victory pole so much as it's a list of people that probably don't have the communication skills to be on socially interactive sites on the interwebz.

Or homophobes who don't want to associate with you pole smoking liberals.