How do you deal with road rage?

mgbgt89

That's ridiculous. You should have punchisized his face instead of his mirror. I grew up in Akron and rode there on an almost daily basis for the last 3 years and never had anything like that happen. Guess I'm just lucky. And where at on 224 were you? (I assume you meant 224 cuz there is no 244 in Akron)

That's ridiculous. You should have punchisized his face instead of his mirror. I grew up in Akron and rode there on an almost daily basis for the last 3 years and never had anything like that happen. Guess I'm just lucky. And where at on 224 were you? (I assume you meant 224 cuz there is no 244 in Akron)

224 after the 77 ramp, west bound toward Barberton. F-250 guy got off at manchester road, and the ranger followed, inches off his bumper. I almost wanted to ride the wrong way down the entrance ramp at waterloo and catch them at the Manchester ramp to see if ranger guy was starting some shit. That guy saved my ass, I should have backed him up. I had a large crescent wrench in my tank bag.

A pocketful of ammo is a GREAT idea as long as you don't stick around to let them get your plate.

People are effing crazy! I've had people try to run me into sidewalls for no other reason than I am on a bike. I don't fuck around down here anymore. I just ride like they are ALL trying to kill me and do my own thing. I lane split and create my own lanes...

I don't give a fuck. I'm hardcore like that yo!

If they fuck with me though, I really am going to make their life as difficult as I can. I don't mind kicking or punching cars. Fuck, those fucking, fucks!

Their is a slight learning curve though if you are going to attack cars... It's actually a "little" harder than it looks... At least in my opinion anyway...

All of the above should be taken with a grain of salt as I am drunker than hell right now...

Dude, when are you moving up here? I can't wait to have a beer with you....

Back to crazy cager fucks (yes, also drunk as hell, bad week, I think this is the first time I used the F word on OR) most near-death experience I had on a bike was with my old 500 Interceptor, when some crazy-ass woman in a Blazer complete with Pooh Bear sunshade in the side window started chasing me on 480. This was like 1992, so maybe she was just a MILF who thought I was hot or something, but I remember flogging the crap out of it, and bailing from the left lane onto Lee Rd at some pucker-factor speed, looking back and seeing a bunch of tire smoke from her trying to follow me. Lately most of my fucktard-avoidance involves SUV-driving women on cellphones threatening by ignorance rather than intent. And WTF with driving with your rodent-dog on your lap!??

Definitely assume that cagers either are actively trying to kill you, or are on the phone and won't notice when they run you over.

Edit: major props to F250 guy for helping you out!!!!

Edited by AndyJ

224 after the 77 ramp, west bound toward Barberton. F-250 guy got off at manchester road, and the ranger followed, inches off his bumper. I almost wanted to ride the wrong way down the entrance ramp at waterloo and catch them at the Manchester ramp to see if ranger guy was starting some shit. That guy saved my ass, I should have backed him up. I had a large crescent wrench in my tank bag.

That's the problem. It was probably some white trash trailer park fuck high on meth. I've found that's mostly what Barberton consists of. And yeah you probably should have backed him up with that crescent wrench but who knows, you might have ended up in the Summit County Jail if you would've done that...

Back home my best friend rides with a nice shiny chrome .38 in a tank holster, and has never ran into problems. I doubt open carry is legal here though.

Seriously though, This has me looking at getting a bike that can get me away from trouble. Bike vs. Car, the car almost always wins. I got very lucky having that guy in the 250 that took it upon himself to protect me. I really wish i knew who he was, I would buy him a beer.

Open carry legal in Ohio although a concealed carry permit is required for carrying in/on a motor vehicle.

I knew a guy that carried a handfull of half inch diameter bolts in his jacket pockets. If anyone messed with him, he would pull in front of them and toss up a couple bolts. Not sure if that is a good idea though.

Thats how you do it but we were told to use sparks and mac truck ball bearing

Got to watch out if you pull over/slow to let the crazies pass. I had an instance where I slowed and tried to let a crazy pass, and he eventually flew past me and waited at the next intersection (no stop required for me) to pull out in front.

I carry a family of cobras hidden beneath my fairings while I ride... If I have a road rager, I toss him a cobra in his lap and watch in the mirror as they swerve out of control, normally ending in a Hollywood roll to a fiery explosion.

Edited by Wadepenn
Sp

i stopped reading after you said Akron...this explains everything to me

I've kicked one mirror off in 2 years of riding, dude was literally inches from my back tire and nearly clipped me when he got in the right lane to pass. This infuriated me so I sped up followed, kicked off the mirror then proceeded to stop at a red light directly next to him and kindly replied "you better stay in that fucking car or I'll do the same to your face"

Edited by Bad324

Been riding for 7 years. Never had anyone intnetionally try to hit me. Regularly have to get out of the way of oblivious morons, but nobody who did it intentionally.

Worst I had was a lady in an Excursion who didn't realize that her lane didn't exist after the intersection so she wound up on the shoulder. We were side by side and looking at each other about 4' apart and she just came on over. Slowed down and let her through. She didn't want to talk about it at the next light, apparently.

Damn OP that sucks! We used to ride a lot in Akron and I had some weird incidents happen. Best one was when two young girls in a Neon merged into me. They were clearly not paying attention and as they just grazed me I kicked the neons door as hard as I could and from what other riders told me it creased the whole door in. I was on my gixxer K so I took off like a bat outta hell. Marbles were what we would use. They were cheap, lightweight, and for most of the modern cars with thin metal would do damage.

If it keeps happening to you, maybe its "you", not them.

i thought this once. then i remember how bad ass i am and figured that there was no way it could have been me and it was definently them. this hypothesis was proven yesterday afternoon(around 3ish) when my mother and i were in my jeep and some dumb teenage chick in her ragtop were !@#$%^& around in the car and didnt see me 3 FEET BESIDE THEM and decided to come on over.

Cliffnotes. Im a bamf, it not me it them. #@$# teenagers on phones

Two days ago I had a guy deliberately hit me with his ranger on 244 in akron. I punched his mirror off and pulled away while a good Samaritan ran him off the road in an F-250, giving me plenty of escape time. Didn't have a chance to get a plate number, I was too focused on squeezing all of the 34 horses out of my bike to get away from this asshole.

I deal with shit almost once week commuting in akron, people merging into me, tailgating, cutting me off deliberately, but this is the first time i've ever actually made contact with a car at interstate speeds. 2 years of riding in Indianapolis, and i had ONE car swerve at me.

I really hate this town. I can deal with inattentive drivers, but down right homicidal drivers are something completely different.

In this case call 911 and get that prick lo led up for Aggravated Vehicular Assault.

I've had similar incidents that have been said here, and typically ALWAYS take steps to retaliate in some way, shape, or form.......I really enjoy pulling up on their right side and give the passenger side mirror a flip forward or backward before peeling away, but didn't want to break anything on their vehicle.

Most recent incident was a big Ford truck with Harley decals on the back window come flying past me at an easy 100mph, then proceeded to swing over in front of me and laying on the windshield washer in an attempt to soak me - so I did the old tuck-n-roll past him......thought about dickin' with his mirror but 2nd thought was get away from this penis NOW! I would love to rig up a washer pump and bottle full of piss with some lines running back to my license plate so I can mark my territory with tailgaters and dumbasses!!

Edited by Hellmutt

i was riding down on campus and this dot head fuck face (i was in the far left hand lane on the right side, my buddy garrett was in the center lane left side), this guy came into my lane and almost knocked me off my bike. We were at a stop sign and it had just turned green, he was already driving so he decided to pass us.

I quickly realized what happen, sped up and knocked his fucking mirror off the door.

FUCK PEOPLE!

Washer bottle full of paint stripper?

DAMN! That's just harsh!! :lol:

would probably eat the pump alive though......maybe some hotpink paint cut way down? That would definitely leave your mark unless you're sprayin' a MaryKay car!

Been riding for 7 years. Never had anyone intnetionally try to hit me. Regularly have to get out of the way of oblivious morons, but nobody who did it intentionally.

Worst I had was a lady in an Excursion who didn't realize that her lane didn't exist after the intersection so she wound up on the shoulder. We were side by side and looking at each other about 4' apart and she just came on over. Slowed down and let her through. She didn't want to talk about it at the next light, apparently.

this is consistent with my experiences too. Maybe I've just got a likable vibe about me or something...

As for knocking off mirrors and kicking in car doors, I would be careful about exerting lateral force (i.e. kicking a car door) while riding. You're on an object balanced on 2 wheels. Yeah, the gyroscopic effect of the wheels, and the 400 lbs. mass of the bike provides some resistance, but kicking sideways is much more likely to simply push you away from the car than push the car's door in. frankly, I find such accounts difficult to believe.

As for those advocating tossing objects backward at vehicles, I would caution you about hitting other vehicles not involved. In a best case scenario, those people are calling the police to report the douche already. In a worst case scenario, they do nothing. Making things worse by having them calling the cops on YOU, because you just dropped a ball bearing through their windshield isn't going to help you much.

on low hp bikes, braking (obviously chekc your mirrors first) will get you away from another vehicle faster than trying to out accelerate them.

How hard is it to knock a mirror off? honestly ive only had one time and it was a mini cooper with two teenagers in it. they got infront of me and both dumped the ice from thier big gulps right in front of me. i would have taken a mirror had i not had textile gloves with no knuckle protection. I have since upgraded to carbon fiber knuckles..