Dumbass move: Dropped the bike...

Scruit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLN50g29uc

Enjoy. I didn't.

The metal pole ("bollard" as the Brits like to call them) is retractable and stops cars from driving down the driveway. Intalled after someone backed a truck down there and burgled my workshop. The bike fits through just fine if I go between teh bollard and the house, but the trash can was there. Never tried going between the bollard and the bushes. Not gonna try again. About 2" less gap than I need.

The damage was limited to scuffs on the right hard case, a hole in the left side case (fixed with cyanoacrylate) and a small scuff on the right hand guard. The bike fell into the bush so the bike itself was 100% fine.

No injuries to myself or my son. I now have a new rule of riding past the bollard at walking pace with my feet down.

Edited by Scruit

dont sweat it man...shit happens, at least youre alright

i dropped the vmax at a stop light on a group ride...at least you were alone lol...light went green, guy in front of me went a foot then stalled i grabbed brakes because i had started to move, and at that low speed the bike got the best of me and tipped over....probably didnt help that when i grabbed the brake lever to stop, it snapped right off....musta been a chinese part lol...no damage except my ebay bar end mirror and that lever

I was at work and rode to lunch once, during the ride my work boot lace got wrapped around the gear shift.

I pulled into the Wendys parking lot, went to put my stand down and "Oh noes!" I knew it was going over. I jumped off and in mid-air the shifter un-tied my lace, I got my footing and was able to save the bike from being dropped by less than 2 inches.

I checked around to see if anyone saw me. Nope...I thought.

I go in and the boy behind the counter with a big smile says "that was pretty ninja"

I say "yeah, too bad its a Yamaha...I'll have a..." :o

I tuck all my laces in now.