06' Honda Rebel Asking Price?

AfroCBR

Hey guys,

I have a buddy that has a 2006 Honda Rebel up for sale....it has 1,982 miles on it. I look on kbb and they said ~2k if it is excellent condition. My friend tells me that the bike needs a new carburetor, so it doesn't currently run. What is a good asking price and/or is anyone willing to take this off his hands for the right price? Picture of the bike is listed below. Thanks for your help brothers/sisters!

0524011742.jpg

Lol it was more of a joke saying it was only worth scrap metal because that's all I'd pay for it. But you just need to call a local scrap yard find out what they are paying for scrap metal. Normally its a price per pound so it would be the scrap price times the weight of the bike.

:lbts:

For motorcycles on KBB there are only 2 option, trade-in or retail. There isn't anything about condition. Bikes also don't really go below $1K very often because you are starting to get into scrap/part out range. Without knowing a lot about it, its hard to price (and I'm normally pricing sportbikes and cars, I figure it can't be too far off) but I would guess that he could get $1300-$1400 (there will be a lot of offers on CL for $1K though)

Why does it need new carbs? I can understand gaskets/cleaning, but a whole new set of carbs is unusual. Its a 2006 with 2K miles; has he just put it away without prepping it and now it won't start?

:lbts:

For motorcycles on KBB there are only 2 option, trade-in or retail. There isn't anything about condition. Bikes also don't really go below $1K very often because you are starting to get into scrap/part out range. Without knowing a lot about it, its hard to price (and I'm normally pricing sportbikes and cars, I figure it can't be too far off) but I would guess that he could get $1300-$1400 (there will be a lot of offers on CL for $1K though)

Why does it need new carbs? I can understand gaskets/cleaning, but a whole new set of carbs is unusual. Its a 2006 with 2K miles; has he just put it away without prepping it and now it won't start?

Yea I bet the carbs just need cleaned. Does the tank have rust in it?

These are both good questions! I will ask him and get back to you!

As you can start to see from the above posts, it's going to likely be worth it for your friend to get the carb problem sorted out and get the bike running. Rebels have been around essentially unchanged forever (my first bike was a 1985 rebel 250) so there are plenty of parts avail, and more than likely the carbs just need taken apart, cleaned, and put back together. A full gasket kit (carb rebuild kit) shouldn't run you more than 20-30 dollars if I remember correctly, and if that doesn't fix it as stated before you could probably find a carb on ebay or c-list for not much money at all. Getting the bike running well will easily be worth ~$700 on the sale price, so for me that'd be a no-brainer. I think the values of ~$1300 for not fixed vs. $2000 for fixed are definitely reasonable sale prices.

As you can start to see from the above posts, it's going to likely be worth it for your friend to get the carb problem sorted out and get the bike running. Rebels have been around essentially unchanged forever (my first bike was a 1985 rebel 250) so there are plenty of parts avail, and more than likely the carbs just need taken apart, cleaned, and put back together. A full gasket kit (carb rebuild kit) shouldn't run you more than 20-30 dollars if I remember correctly, and if that doesn't fix it as stated before you could probably find a carb on ebay or c-list for not much money at all. Getting the bike running well will easily be worth ~$700 on the sale price, so for me that'd be a no-brainer. I think the values of ~$1300 for not fixed vs. $2000 for fixed are definitely reasonable sale prices.

:bow: very helpful post! My friend is not a member to this site, however I have sent the link to him...I appreciate your help (as well as everyone else)!

Ok...so my friend just told me that he has decided to fix the bike instead of selling it. Sorry about getting anyones hopes up. Everyone ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

Mods...you can delete this thread...thanks!