Gas price increase in next 72 hours.

chevysoldier

I have been getting these emails and they have been right every time. So I'm gonna pass them on to you all.

Price hike warning! Wholesale gasoline prices rose sharply yesterday in Columbus. GasBuddy discovered that earlier today, TransCanada reported a shut down of its major pipeline that delivers crude to the Midwest. This has led to a sharp jump in wholesale prices. Be ready for a price increase to $3.95-$4.09 in the next 72 hours. Odds of the increase are 70%. Fill up for less if possible today.

Thanks,

The Gasbuddy Team

does this affect diesel? its been down a lot in the last week....ponyjr said he got it for 3.50 in westerville, i found it for 3.89 in reynoldsburg....still 4.19 in blacklick for some reason lol, but thats at somalimart so im not surprised

I don't know about diesel, I never pay attention to those prices. lol

And unless you have a better source than a copied email, I don't think I'm buying it.

I just checked on gasbuddy.com blog, no mention of this. How much you wanna bet that if I google TransCanada pipeline it'll turn up not-so-credible links?

And unless you have a better source than a copied email, I don't think I'm buying it.

I just checked on gasbuddy.com blog, no mention of this. How much you wanna bet that if I google TransCanada pipeline it'll turn up not-so-credible links?

Like I said, I have gotten a few of these and each time it has been correct. I don't have any other "evidence".

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5it6ZEOn_EPe-i5KYkc2fPwsW9qqA?docId=7006403

The more recent leak spilled only a about 10 barrels of oil, although TransCanada had originally said Tuesday that as many as 40 barrels were released onto the pump station's property.

"Unfortunately, on this weekend (in Kansas), it was a half-inch fitting — a different type of fitting — that broke, resulting in some crude oil being released onto our property," said TransCanada spokesman Terry Cunha.

Keystone normally carries between 400,000 and 450,000 barrels per day of Alberta crude to refineries in Illinois and a major storage hub in Oklahoma. It has capacity to carry 591,000 barrels per day.

"We don't expect (the disruption) to have any impact on our ability to deliver for our customers," Cunha said.

I know... You passed some info along, and I passed some info along... People can make up their own minds on what they want to believe.

I have 390 miles on my tank before i'm due for gas anyway, and with < 10 miles roundtrip, I might not need gas until late July.. Especially if I ride in on the nicedays.

I know... You passed some info along, and I passed some info along... People can make up their own minds on what they want to believe.

I have 390 miles on my tank before i'm due for gas anyway, and with < 10 miles roundtrip, I might not need gas until late July.. Especially if I ride in on the nicedays.

Gas next door to me is $3.72 right now. I'll pass along if it changes in the next 72 hours.

Edited by chevysoldier
price typo