Looong trip with some possible Dragon Slaying on the side!

NinjaN8

Well, as you all may, or may not know, I am moving to Ohio this summer. I'm not looking forward to the ice and snow but, the trip itself is providing me with an opportunity to get some serious saddle time.

Anyhow I'm traveling from Islamorada, FL to Tampa, and finally to Port Clinton, Ohio... It's about 1500 miles one way. I have no idea how much ground I'm going to be able to cover in a day. The parallel twin on my Ninja vibrates like a mo'fo' and after about 5-6 hours I need a good long break while my hands and feet wake back up.

I am thinking of heading to the Tail of the Dragon too (it only adds like 60 miles to the trip). I don't know when I'm going to get another chance to ride it anytime soon.

Anyhow, I'm planning on leaving Tampa on the 19th and I figure I can get, at the least, past Atlanta in one day. That will put the Dragon within striking distance on the 2nd day. The only bad thing is that I'm not going to have much time to play so I'll probably only get at the most 2 runs, and time to stop for a t-shirt!

My travel plans on the bike are fluid though, as I'm not used to spending the entire day in the saddle and I don't know how sore I am going to be...

You can get on 129 in Fla. and head right to the Gap....my friend in Fla. does it a lot.....

From Key West...to northern Ohio :eek: I don't care for either place, but what a change !!!! :eek:

That is definitely a long way to go on the 650 but shouldn't be too bad at the very least buy yourself a cramp buster or you might be able to find a vista cruise that will fit your bike.... the nice part of long highway trips on a bike is you have to stop for fuel often drink plenty of fluids and walk around on your gas stops if you have frame sliders on your bike they make a good place to rest your feet and stretch your legs... you could pick up a set of foam grips they have ones that slip over your existing grips they would help absorb some of the vibration

I'll be at the dragon renting a house starting the 13th and heading back on friday the 17th. We've got plenty of open beds if you are able to stop by while we're there.

Thanks for the offer but, I don't think our dates match up!

+rep sent though!