New pipes?

SirAlienJ

The motor runs at a higher rpm, it's a 750, and creates a buzz(vibration) that translates to me through the pegs and grips. If I'm going fast enough, the mirrors start to shake. I tend not to go that fast.

Supposedly, new pipes and rejetting will increase hp. Would this increase in hp translate to me running a slightly lower rpm at higher speed or no? Theoretically more hp should mean I don't have to open the throttle as much. But I understand there is theory and reality.

Not sure how the shaft drives are, but stock chain 750's run at high RPMs at highway speeds. Mine vibrates too.

Thoose of lucky enough to have a chain drive can just throw a new sprocket on there and it helps quite a bit. I don't know of a fix for the shaft drives.

I'm sure new pipes and jet kit would help a bit, but don't expect large hp gains, or at least enough to lower rpms enough to stop vibrations at higher speeds.

Chime in, tech-heads, I'm sure you guys are more informed than I am.

I know that my Shadow vibrates all over the place, but it normally doesn't bother me too much-- the rubber mounts on everything mean it just feels like power, but doesn't make your hands numb. My mirrors are normally useless above 50 miles per hour or just below the shift point, though, because they shake so hard.

In my experience, more horsepower (and better pipes) both tend to give a more-noticeable vibration anyway. If you're getting a lot of noise and vibration you don't think is normal, it might be better to start checking your mountings and bushings and such to see if there's something loose/ worn that is transferring more vibration than it should.

Ive dont a Dyno jet kit and a set of cobra straights with no baffels. Just what ever you decide to do just make sure u check your air fuel mixture.... u can foul out ur plugs and have poor perfomance. And ur always gonna get vibration at higher speeds... I even feel it when Ive taken goldwings of 75