Group Ride Ideas????

Artmageddon

1st off, I should never be the one to organize anything, I suck at making plans. :) I usually try to make everyone happy, and that makes no one happy. I'm never happy so it makes no difference to me as long as things are planned and go fairly smooth.

But I'll throw this out:

I know the next Pig Iron Meet and Greet is August 9th so need to take that into consideration, but a while back the wife and I decided to have a party at our house on August 8th.

It won't be anything too fancy; burgers, dogs, beer(BYOB for now), corn hole, rock band. Family friendly, most of my friends are married with kids, but we'll be up late and most of the neighbors will be there so we shouldn't get complaints. This was going to start at 6 pm.

How do we feel about doing a group ride that afternoon, and then heading to my house for the party afterward? I live near Sawmill and 161, we could head NW. There are some decent roads out that way.

I don't really care where we ride, but truthfully I don't want to get too technical, I'm not a fan of big groups hitting twisties together, just seems like accidents waiting to happen.

I'm up for other ideas and dates, throw them out. Regardless of what we decide, the party at my house is an open invitation. I plan on inviting a few of the people on OR that I know, but there will be a fairly mixed group there.